Three

Luke

I didn't feel as bad as Michael looked, but I didn't feel great either. I did have a headache, but I could still stand up by myself. Last night did go well, I guess.

"Happy birthday, Michael." I laughed, remembering the cake,the beer and the fun.

It wasn't really his birthday, but he pretended it was and threw a party. It was absolutely insane.

"Luke?!" I heard Ashton yell from the other side of the wall.

"Yeah?!" I yelled back.

"Is Michael awake?!" He yelled.

I looked down at Michael, who was clinging onto me, snoring loudly. His hair was colorful, as always, and completely wrecked. He had some puke on his shirt, and he smelled horrible.

"No!" I responded.

"Just go over there! You'll wake the neighbors." Calum banged on my door.

I sighed, wiggling free of Michael's grasp and stood up. I stretched, yawning loudly. I walked out my room and to Ashton's room, which was right next to mine. I opened the door, and joined Ashton in bed.

"I'm so tired." He said, squeezing me tightly.

"Same." I said, hitting him with a pillow to make him let go of me.

He did, and started groaning.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Do you remember what Michael dared me to do?" Ashton asked, sitting up.

"Yeah! He-" I stopped, panic washing over me. "Ashton you can't."

"But the lady on the phone said I had already made my choice. I don't want to let the kid down!"

"Ash! You can't even take care of yourself and you want to adopt?"

"I don't want to! I was drunk, okay?"

"You're not actually going to go and get the kid are you?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I'm already late."

"Oh my god. You can't be serious."

"Luke, I'm going to get the kid."

Dale

"Dale! Darling, guess what!" Ms. Janice smiled brightly.

"Why am I here? I didn't do anything yet." I told the truth, afraid she might give me detention.

"Oh, you're not in trouble darling. You're getting adopted."

The words hit me like a sledgehammer.

"W-What?!"

"Yeah! You're getting adopted."

"When?!"

"Now!"

I started feeling sick, even though I already threw up.

"N-No."

"What do you mean 'no'? They're coming right now!"

"N-N-No."

"Y-Y-Yes." She mocked me.

"No! I don't want to go!"

I'd rather wait another two years until I can leave alone than get adopted. That means commitment, which is something I will not do for anything in the world.

"You have to."

"You can't make me! Who is it anyways?!"

"His name is Ashton Irwin. He's famous! You'll have a famous father, Dale! Isn't that exciting?"

"How is he famous?"

"He's in a very popular band. I thought you might have known it. Five Es-Oh-Es, or something."

"Five Es-Oh-Es? I've never heard of them. Are they like that One Direction band that everyone is obsessed with? I hate them."

"Oh, I'm not sure, dear. I thought you'd like them. Anyways, he's late, so you've got yourself time to start packing up. Go on now!"

"But I don't want to go!"

"Dale. You have to."

"Ms. Janice!"

"DALE!" She shouted, startling me.

"Sorry, Ms. Janice. I'll go pack, now."

"Thank you, Dale. Go on."