Thirty One

Ashton

"Chest binder? Is that what the tank top looking thing was? I thought transgender people used ace bandages or duct tape of something like that. Don't they wrap something around themselves? Whatever. It's none of my business." I said.

"Yeah it is. He's your son."

Son.

"I don't want to know about how he has to do things to make his chest flatter." I pulled my phone out my pocket.

"What if he does it wrong one day? He could hurt himself." Luke told me. "I think ace bandages hurt you more than they make your chest flat, so probably not."

"I don't care." I said, fiddling with the home button.

"You should. It's potentially dangerous and your son-"

"Shut up!" I yelled.

Son.

Luke stared at me with wide eyes.

"Wha-"

"Shut. Up." I stood up and walked out the room.

I was walking to the kitchen, staring at my phone which I hadn't even turned on. I bumped into someone and stumbled back.

"Sorry." I said, looking up.

Michael was standing there, eating what looked like barbecue flavored potato crisps. I stole some before walking away.

"Hey!" He whined.

I grinned at him, looking back down at my phone.

"Wait, Ashton." Michael said.

"What." I stopped, turning around to face him.

"I thought you'd want to know, Dale seems fine. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was. I think he might have just been upset about the chest binding thing."

"I don't care!" I shouted. "She ca-"

"He." Michael corrected me.

"He can do whatever he wants with his boobs. I don't care." I said, walking away.