Forty Four

Carter

"It's bigger than I expected." I whispered.

"They're famous, what did you expect?" Lisa scoffed.

We laid on the dewy grass, binoculars pressing against our faces. I couldn't see through the windows because the curtains had been pulled over them. They were white, so I assumed the rest of the rooms were. All the curtains were pulled except for one window on the first floor, which was wide open.

"Why do they have two lawn gnomes?" Lisa asked.

The house- more like mini mansion- was beautiful. It looked exactly like the ones in my dreams.

"Why don't you go ask them, Lisa?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hmph." She grunted. "I will."

She stood up, dusting herself off.

"You better not. You'll get us in major trouble." I aggressively whispered, tugging on her left leg.

She kicked my arm away and started jogging towards the house.

"LISA!"

I watched as she walked through the white gates, past the lawn gnomes and to the front door. She knocked on the door rather than ringing the doorbell, and impatiently tapped her foot as she waited. I contemplated joining her, but I didn't want to get in trouble. I'd honestly rather watch her get pulled away by police than it be me.

After what seemed like ten minutes, the door opened slightly, just enough for someone to stick their nose out.

That's when I did the stupidest thing and ran up to her.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but I'm terribly lost and my phone has died. Could I borrow your phone to call my mother?" She said in a high-pitched voice.

"Umm, hold on." A male voice responded.

The door closed, metal clinked behind it. Then, it opened again, revealing none other than Ashton Irwin.

But, he looked different than in the pictures. His hair was frizzy, a headband pulling it back. He had bags under his eyes, his white t-shirt was loosely hanging from his shoulders and he was paler than a vampire.

Lisa gasped, so did I.

"Come in." He said, opening the door further and stepping aside to let us through.

Lisa walked straight in, but I hesitated.

What have I just gotten myself into?