Thirty Eight

Ashton

"You idiot!" I yelled.

"Did you just call me an idiot?" Bryana put her hand on her chest dramatically.

"Yes, I did, idiot! You wanna know why? You can't understand this simple sentence: YOU'RE NOT HIS MOTHER!"

"YOU'RE SO RUDE!" She cried.

"I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!" I groaned.

"FINE! WE'RE DONE!"

"JUST GET OUT!"

I watched her walk down the hall and to the front door, sobbing loudly as she did.

"Wait! One thing." Bryana said, turning on her heel.

"What?" I said, on the verge of tears.

She didn't say anything.

I was about to start yelling again when she leaned in close, enough that I could feel her hot breath on my lips. Her sweet perfume filled my nose, her thick, blonde hair grazing my cheek. She put her hand on my chest, my body frozen by her touch.

I wanted to kiss her, but I was too angry to.

A millisecond after that thought, her soft lips were on mine, fireworks exploding in me. The feeling was as wonderful as the first time we kissed, but I couldn't.

I pulled away, angry at myself for liking the kiss.

And her pretty face was too beautiful to say no to, so my hand did the job for me.

I could still feel the sting on my right hand.

"WHY DID YOU HIT HER? ARE YOU INSANE?" He yelled.

"SHE KISSED ME!"

"SO, YOU HIT HER? THAT SEEMS LIKE THE RIGHT THING TO DO?"

"NO! I JUST-"

"SHUT UP!"

I can still see the red hand mark on my face where Luke hit me after Bryana left.