Thirty Two

Dale

We had Chinese take-out for lunch. No one wanted to cook so they all fought over who would call the Chinese food store instead.

I ate all of my Lo-Mein and three egg rolls. Of course, I had to vomit them up, but they tasted good while they were in my mouth the first time.

My throat burned as I coughed. I flushed the toilet and rinsed my mouth with water from the sink and cleaned up whatever mess I left. After clearing the bathroom of any evidence, I went up to my room and started to put my stuff away.

"Need help?" I heard someone ask.

I jumped, turning on my heel. Calum was standing by the door, a smile plastered on his face.

"How long have you been watching me?" I asked him.

"Two seconds maybe?" He walked over to my bed, picking up a pile of my shirts and putting them in the drawer that was open by my legs.

"Thanks." I said quietly.

"No problem."

We kept putting my stuff- which wasn't a lot- away until there was no more. I sat on my bed, sweating.

"Why're you wearing a sweatshirt in 32 degree weather?"

"It's comfy."

"Is the definition of comfy the equivalent of the definition of very hot to you?" He laughed.

"Today it is." I smiled.

"Do you want to go shopping tomorrow?" He asked.

I stopped.

"You're my daughter now, aren't you?"

"You okay, Dale?" Calum asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Daughter."

"Y-Y-Yeah."

"So, are we going shopping or not?" Calum asked.

"But, that's for boys."

I nodded, my hands feeling cold.