Garnet (5)~stories for me

~~~

You're sitting at the edge of the waves. It's nighttime now. You sigh and look at the fading light.

Garnet suddenly comes up to you. "You ok..."

You see a lighthouse and a ship in the distance, whimper slightly, but you nod.

There's a moment of silence. She knows that you lost your dad to the sea.

"Well...he's not dead yet, is he?" You look up at her and smile.

"Wanna come inside for some warm cocoa?"

You sigh again, then nod slightly.

~~

Frost stings your face by the time you sit down.

Mom pats the side of the bed. You smile and sit with her.

She wraps a warm blanket around you and rain drums against the windows and thunder booms in a muffled tone from far away.

You shiver slightly.

Everybody is in your room, wrapping blankets around themselves as they crowd around the bed.

Amethyst is sipping hot cocoa and Steven is lying down on Lion's mane, who is sleeping.

"Ok, should we..tell stories?" Suggests Garnet.

"Or ghost stories?" Exclaims Amethyst. You give her a quick look, and Amethyst coughs awkwardly.

"Anywaysss..." Garnet mumbles. "We're going to each tell you a story about homeworld."

You smile. "Ok."

"Well," Mom starts. "Once when you first formed..."

"...well, you remember seeing the two of us, right?"

You nod.

"Well, would you like to know how they met?"

Your eyes light up. "No way..."

"Well..."

Suddenly, the lights flicker out.

Amethyst gets up and point at herself. "No problem, I got it."

She walks out of the room, and then suddenly yells out, "I volunteer as tribute!" before smoke fills the hallway.

Everybody looks at each other, and they all rush into the hallway where the smoke is.

You and Steven glance at each other with nervous looks at each other, and you rush out of the room to follow them.

Amethyst's gem is lying in the hallway near the warp pad (You're room is right next to the kitchen,) and Garnet picks the gem up.

"Oh no!" You say. "Who poofed her?" Asks Steven. You shrug. "I dunno."

"How about me?"

Everybody looks up to see Peridot standing on the warp pad, smirking. You gasp.

"And now to finish my task of making you a warrior-oof!" Garnet pushes Peridot.

"Space dorito!" You say angrily.

Peridot is taken off guard at this. "Really? People really call me that?" Everybody nods. She rolls her eyes. "This planet is weird."

Eventually, after some time, Garnet manages to poof Peridot. Quickly bubbling both Perrie and Amethyst's gems, she sits back down. Pearl sighs.

"Well, we better carry on with the stories. And you two should be in bed," Pearl says, pointing at you and Steven.

"Awww," You and Steven both mumble in dismay.

"Well, maybe we can wait for Peridot and Amethyst to regenerate, and then watch them fight," Says Garnet.

You and Steven both cheer loudly. Pearl rolls her eyes but smiles. "I'll get the popcorn."