Chapter 5 -"Please Don't Leave Me"

Zayn's POV

After about twenty minutes of me crying, I stopped myself from doing it anymore. I avoided Liam for the rest of the time I was there, and we finally left after about an hour.

In the car, Niall asked me, "Zayn, what's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" I pretended to not know what he was talking about.

He leaned closer to me and whispered, "I know how someone looks right after they cry for a while. Now, what happened?"

"I'll tell you later." I whispered.

"No, tell me now!"

"I can't," I said, holding back tears, "Trust me. If you wanna know, you'll have to wait. Niall, please?" I asked. "I can't take it right this second, not in front of Nicole." Niall nodded, giving in.

Nicole dropped Niall and I off at my place because Niall was staying over again. We went to my room and sat on the bed, side-by-side.

"Now, Zayn, tell me what happened."

"Liam kissed me." I mumbled just loud enough for Niall to hear.

"So why were you crying?" Niall questioned, obviously not getting it.

"At first, I kissed h-him back," I started sobbing my words out, "B-but then, I-I remembered his g-girlfriend. I broke it off and ran out on him." I sobbed. "I'm such a terrible person!"

"No, Zayn, you're not! You're the best person I know! Martin Luther King Jr., he stood up for a race, but you're still better than him because not even he would stand up for me." Niall said. "Liam's really stupid, but he must mean a lot to you if you're gonna cry over him kissing you even though he has a girlfriend."

"Why'd you call him stupid?" I frowned.

"He's stupid for making you do this to yourself." Niall forced me to look at him. "Zayn, you're completely amazing, never forget that."

There was only a small gap of air between us, and I felt that gap get smaller and smaller as Niall leaned in closer and placed his lips on mine. I could feel myself kissing him back instantly, but I stopped and started crying again. I felt my skin searing as the fresh tears rolled over the old ones.

"I'm sorry. I'll leave if you want me to." Niall apologized, getting up, but I grabbed his wrist.

"Please don't leave me." I pleaded, and Niall sat back down.

"I'm so sorry." Niall said, hugging me.

"It's fine. Just don't leave me."

"I could never." he said. "I'd be missing out on the best thing in the world."

We lied down on the bed. Niall's arms were around me, and my head was on his chest, and I was crying like there was no tomorrow. I ended up falling asleep.

***

Niall and I spent the whole weekend like that. Me crying, Niall comforting me, Niall forcing me to eat, Niall trying to help by being Niall.

Liam's POV

I can't believe I fucking kissed Zayn! I screamed at myself in my head. Zayn completely avoided me until he left, I could tell that he had been crying before he left.

It was Sunday already, and spent the weekend at Louis's and Harry's, and I hadn't told Louis and Harry what happened between Zayn and me, but it was about time I did.

"Louis, Harry, I gotta tell you something."

"What is it?" Harry asked. I explained exactly what happened, and Louis looked like he was about to slap me.

"Dude, you seriously don't need to go around kissing guys when you have a fucking girlfriend!" Louis yelled.

"Yeah, what about Hailea?" Harry asked.

"I don't like her anymore. I'm breaking up with her."

"Well I guess I can't say anything. I kinda like Zayn's friend, Niall." Louis said with an idiot smirk on his face. "I really like him."

"Aw, that's so sweet!" I smiled. "Have you ever picked on him for being gay?" I asked, remembering what happened at the nurse's office.

"I think."

"You'd better apologize. I know it really hurts him when people do that." Louis frowned. "Anyways, what do about the whole Zayn thing?"

"You both better tell your guy how you feel."

"What if Niall doesn't like me back?"

"Life's full of 'what if's! There's a good chance Niall does like you back!" Harry attempted to reassure Louis.

"Zayn probably hates me. I made him cry." I confessed.

"If he cried over you, that means he really likes you back.  He's not going to cry over someone he hates." Harry said to me, making me feel much better.

"Harry, when did you get so wise?" I asked.

"When you two got dumb!"

"We can both fix our problems tomorrow at school. For now, let's go to bed. It's almost midnight."

***

At school, Louis and I tried talking to our guys, but they were inseparable, and Zayn was avoiding me. In math, I broke up with Hailea. I said, "Hailea, we're done," and walked off. I couldn't talk to Zayn until lunch.

When I walked into the lunchroom with Louis, I saw Fred and Lee holding Zayn down to the ground with Jeff beating him, and I saw Johnny and Benji holding Niall down with Mark beating him. Louis ran to Niall's rescue while I handled my own rescue.

I ran to Jeff, got him off Zayn, and punched him in the face. He flew back and hit the ground. "Don't touch my boyfriend! If you do, I'll beat the hell out of you, and you will wish you were fucking dead!" I screamed. Zayn looked like he was dead, but he was just unconscious. Fred and Lee backed off, leaving a dead-looking Zayn on the ground. I picked him up bridal-style and ran to the nurse. "Baby, I promise, you're going to be just fine. Just hang in there." Louis had gotten Niall, who was also unconscious, and he was right behind me.

Louis and I had to stay in the hallway, worrying about our guys while the nurse did her dumb nurse thing.

Louis and I were so scared for them.