Chapter 6 -"Let Me Kiss You"

Zayn's POV

Monday, at school, Niall and I refused to be separated. We wouldn't leave each other's side for more than a minute. Liam and Louis tried talking to us, but Niall and I avoided them.

At lunch, we were ambushed by Jeff, Mark, and four of their friends.

"Round two, queers?" Jeff said. Jeff punched me in the face, and everything went black.

I could still hear things for some reason. "Don't touch my boyfriend! If you do, I'll beat the hell out of you, and you will wish you were fucking dead!" someone said. It sounded like Liam. The same voice said, "Baby, I promise, you're going to be just fine. Just hang in there."

***

I awoke, and the first thing I saw was the pair of chocolate brown eyes that I fell in love with the first day of school. "Zayn, you're finally awake."

"How long was I out?"

"About three hours. I've been worried."

"Where's Niall?" I asked as I remembered what had happened.

"He woke up about an hour ago. Louis wanted to talk to him, so they went out."

"Okay, well now that I'm awake, you can quit the pity game. Bye, Liam." I bluntly said.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

"No, I don't!"

"You can drop the damn pity!"

"I'm not giving you any pity, Zayn!" Liam lowered his voice as he said, "Zayn, I-I love you."

"No, no, you don't."

"If I didn't fucking love you, why the hell did I break up with my girlfriend?!" Liam screamed.

"Because she's a bitch." I mumbled.

"No- well, yes, but also because I'm in love with you!" Liam screamed. "Please, I really do love you."

"You shouldn't. It's only gonna get you in trouble."

"Zayn, please, let me kiss you." Liam pleaded, but he didn't wait for me to answer. He just kissed me. I was still laying on the nurse's bed, so Liam was on top me.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Hush, child. No talking while the master is at work."

"I'm gonna talk."

"Not if I'm doing this." Liam said and crashed his lips on mine. I pushed him up just enough to where our lips weren't connected.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm trying to prove to you that I love you so much."

"Liam-" I stopped when I heard footsteps coming toward the door. Liam jumped up and sat in his chair like nothing happened, and it hurt me. It was the nurse.

"Zayn, how are you feeling?"

"Good, I guess." I said in kind of a hurt tone.

"Can I take him home?" Liam asked.

"Yes." the nurse said.

Liam and I got in Liam's car, and Liam drove me home. The only time I spoke was when I told Liam where to go. I was so upset that felt embarrassed to be in a relationship with me, but it wasn't anything new.

We got to my house, and Liam helped me up the steps.

"Thanks for the ride, Liam. Bye." I said as I walked into the house. Niall was in the living room. "Hey, Niall."

"Zayn, wait." Liam walked into the house after me. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

"Uh, what's he doing here?" Niall asked.

"I'll tell you later. Go to my room. I'll be there in just a minute." Niall nodded and left. "Liam, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same about Niall. Why is he here?"

"I don't wanna talk about it, Liam. Just go."

"No, wait. What happened? You were acting all happy and stuff, but now, you're being blunt with me."

"Why does it matter? It's not like you care," I refused to show any emotion towards him.

"Now, that's where you're wrong." Liam started walking closer to me, but I refused.

"Stop. Just go, Liam."

"No. I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong."

"You're embarrassed to be with me, that's what." I said. "It's nothing new. Just go." I said and started to walk off, but Liam stopped me.

"Zayn, I love you."

"Even if you do, which I doubt you do, it's not always enough. Liam, just go." I felt the tears coming on. I ran out of there.

"Zayn, wait." I heard him calling, but I kept going.

Niall's POV

Zayn came into his room, and he broke down. He started crying his eyes out. I went back into the living room to see Liam in there.

"What the hell?!" I screamed. "Why the hell are you making Zayn cry?!"

"Niall-" I was so pissed at him, I punched him in the face!

"That's what you get for making my best friend cry!"

"You know that I could kick your ass, right?" Liam asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"You're a good friend, man." he said.

"Call me that again, and I'll really kick your ass!" I screamed. "Zayn's my best friend! Ever since he fucking met you, he's been in fucking love with you, and now you're gonna sit here and make him cry?!" I continued screaming. "Get the hell out!" Liam gave up and left. I ran back to Zayn's room to check on him. He hadn't moved since I left. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"No." he cried. "Usually, I couldn't care less if someone left me, so why the hell am I breaking down like this?"

"Maybe it's because you love him." I told him. "Or maybe it's because he really loved you back." I tried comforting him. I wrapped my arm around him, and he latched to me. "You need to talk to him."

"I don't wanna. I'm too scared."

"Listen to me. You love Liam. Liam loves you. And I know you really love him. And I know he really loves you. You two need to talk. Please, Zayn."

"Fine, I'll talk to him."

Anyone who wants a dedication, just comment or post it on our message board!