Chapter 22 -Liam, I Wanna Get Married...

Zayn's POV

"Liam," I started, afraid to continue.

"Yeah, Zayn?" Liam asked with a sweet look on his face. He caressed my cheek in a loving way, and I couldn't help but smile at his gentle touch.

"Liam, I wanna get married..." I mumbled softly, unsure if Liam heard and glancing down.

"What was that?" he asked, trying to lower his gaze to meet mine.

"Uh, never mind." I flashed a half-smile in his direction before pulling myself closer to him. I nuzzled my face into his bare chest, and I felt a few tears prickle at my eyes. I didn't want Liam to know I was about to cry, so I yawned, causing a few tears to fall, but it was normal for yawning.

"Tired?"

"Yeah," I half-lied.

"Lay down. I'll get the lights." Liam got up and turned off the lights. He walked back to the bed in the darkness. I couldn't see him, but my mind knew where he was. I wrapped my arms around him, and I nuzzled my face into his chest and cried a little. It was silent, so he didn't know I was crying. If he did notice, he didn't say anything.

***

The next morning, I awoke to the smell of bacon. I opened my eyes to see Liam was gone. I sat up and placed my feet on the floor. I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I started shuffling into the kitchen dazily. As I had anticipated, Liam was standing there, cooking bacon, pancakes, and eggs, and he was making tea also.

"'Ello, bedhead!" Liam said in his usual perky tone. I groaned and sat down at the table. I buried my head in my crossed arms covered in the fabric of my pajamas. "What's wrong, baby?"

"I'm tired," I whined without lifting my head.

"I'm sorry," Liam replied. I kept my head down for a few minutes. I was almost asleep again. I could feel my mind drift away into my subconscious...

But I zapped back into reality when a loud Bang! hit the table, sending a vibration through me. I gasped and shot up. Liam had put a plate on the table.

"Liam!" I screamed.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, looking guilty. I eased a bit, and I ran over to him and hugged him.

"I'm sorry." I kissed his forehead. "I didn't mean to yell. You just gave me a fright."

"I didn't mean to," Liam said guiltily. "I'm sorry, Zayn."

"It's fine. C'mon! Let's eat," I said. I got the food to the table, and Liam sat down beside me. We held hands as we ate.

About five minutes of no talking, Liam said, "Zayn, last night, um, what did you say?"

"When?" I asked, worried he was talking about when I said I wanted to get married.

"You know what I'm talking about, Zayn. You told me never mind when I asked about it." Damn it! I'm screwed!

"I just said I love you." I lied.

"Zayn, please don't lie to me. If you had said you loved me, you wouldn't have told me never mind. Zayn, please tell me." Liam pleaded.

"Liam, it's not important." I lied again. It was one of the most important thing to me.

"It is important. Please tell me."

"I don't want you to freak out, okay?" I started breaking down into the truth.

"I promise not to freak out." Liam swore. "I really wanna know!"

"Liam, I said that, uh," I started to stammer, "I-I, uh, wanna, get ma-married." I confessed. Liam started choking. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything about it."

"No, Zayn," Liam said after he stopped coughing, "I'm glad you did. I've been thinking about it for a while too. I wanna be married to you. I want you to know that I love you, and I'll always love only you."

By then, I was smiling my face off. I realized I had forgotten to do something. I got out of my chair, knelt down and said, "Liam James Payne, I know I don't have a ring, but I promise you I will get you one, that is, if you say yes. Will you marry me?"

"Zayn Malik," Liam stood up with a huge smile on his face, "of course I will!"

Okay!!!! There you go!!! Did you like? Hm? Answer my question!! Fine then! Be that way! Comment your opinion then! And don't forget to vote! Maybe share?? Antyways! THEY'RE FINALLY GETTING MARRIED!!!!! :) Yay!!! Bye now!! ~Nik