Chapter 17 -Don't Leave Me Again

Lou's POV

"Niall, please don't ever leave me again! I missed you so much!" I whispered into his ear as we left Nando's.

"Lou, baby, I'm sorry about leaving like that. I didn't wanna leave, but I couldn't take being here. Let's just forget about it." he kissed the top of my head.

"I can't." I mumbled under my breath, unsure if he heard.

"Why not, baby?" Niall asked as we got in the car. He was driving. I got in the passenger seat, and he started driving.

"Because you were gone a month, and you didn't let me know you were safe! I was so scared! I can't lose anyone else! You have no idea how bad a wreck I've been! I've missed you so much! I just love you, and I had no clue if you were safe. I thought I'd lost you. Just please don't do that again." I rested my head on the door and cried silently. I didn't wanna alert Niall. He had just got back. He didn't need me to worry about.

"Lou, baby, I'm sorry." Niall said, making the tears come harder. I didn't reply. "Baby, can you sleep over at my place?" he asked, taking my hand in his. "Please? Zayn's mom is outta town, and I'll ask Zayn to go to Liam's or something, so we can be alone."

I managed to choke out a "sure" without Niall noticing I was crying. Niall drove to his place.

"It's good thing you said yes. I already asked Zayn to go to Liam's."

We got out of the car, but I didn't let Niall see my face. "Uh, baby? Where's the bathroom?" I asked hastily as we entered the house.

"Down the hall, last door on the right." he said. I ran to the bathroom. I entered, and I stepped on something sharp that dug into my foot. It didn't break the skin though.

"Shit!" I cursed loudly.

"Baby, you okay?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, I just stepped on-" I realized what it was I stepped on. It was the razor that Niall got the blade out of about a month ago.

"Baby?" Niall snapped me out of my trance. "What did you step on?"

"Uh, I'll bring it out and show you in a minute." I picked it up and put it in my pocket. I walked to the sink, and I turned the cold water. I washed my face, trying to wash away the tear stains, so Niall wouldn't notice. After a minute or two, I turned off the water, and I dried off my face. I opened the door, and I walked to the living room.

"Baby, what did you step on?" Niall asked. I pulled the blade-less razor out of my pocket. "Oh," Niall lost all color in his face. I walked and sat on the opposite side of the couch as him. Niall had the TV on, so I looked at it, but I didn't pay it much attention. Niall scooted over beside me and put his head on my shoulder. I ignored him. "Baby, what's wrong?" Niall asked me. I shook my head like it was nothing. "Please tell me!"

"Nothing's wrong." I lied.

"Then, why didn't you sit by me?" Niall asked. I fell silent. "See? Please tell me what's wrong." I looked at him, the tears threatening me.

"I-I t-told you. N-nothing's wrong." I managed to choke out. Niall brought his thumb across my cheek.

"Then, why are you crying?" Niall asked. I froze. Shit, I'm screwed. "Yeah, you are. Please tell me what's wrong." I really gotta stop fucking saying my thoughts. "Those thoughts are helping me. What is wrong?"

"Nothing. I-I just mi-missed you." I stammered.

"I'm right here, baby." Niall stroked my cheek with his thumb. I didn't say anything. "Why are you shutting down on me?" Niall asked. I looked into Niall's shimmering blue eyes. I couldn't hold in what it was anymore. It was too hard to with those beautiful eyes with tears in them.