twelve.

jupiter.

"dakota?!"

his eyes snapped up to meet mine and i couldn't believe it. it was my best friend in the whole world. he was here.

dakota's eyes instantly filled with tears and mine did the same. he ran over to me and tackled me in a hug, removing me from the ground. after a while, i pulled back from the hug and he lightly placed me on the ground. i gasped as i looked up at his face. he had a black eye and a few cuts on his lip.

"what happened?" i turned his head to look at him a little better and he winced.

he cleared his throat. "i just got into a little fight. that's all."

i narrowed my eyes at him. he was lying.

he sighed and darted his eyes towards blake and then back to me. i nodded in understanding and he sighed.

blake cleared his throat and i looked over at him. he looked at me and passed me the crutches that were leaning against the wall. grabbing them, i slid them under my arms.

"let's go."

blake walked into the living room while dakota and i followed after him. blake flopped down on the couch and kicked his feet up on the coffee table. i adverted my gaze from blake to dakota.

"can we uhm, go talk in the kitchen?"

blake looked over at me. "jason told me not to let you out of my sight."

i pouted. "please?"

blake rolled his eyes. "fine. i'll be checking on you every minute and a half. got it?"

i nodded my head, biting my lip to hide my smile. i made my way into the kitchen while dakota followed behind me.

i perched myself on the stool as dakota leaned against the counter across from me. he grabbed one of my curls and tugged on it, causing my eyes to instantly fill with tears again. dakota looked at me and gave me a sad smile.

"how are you holding up butter cup?"

i shook my head and wiped some tears that have fell. "i want to go home."

"you haven't found a way to escape?"

i shook my head. "jason always has the place locked up. there's like no way out of here unless he's letting you out."

dakota shook his head and looked down. i frowned and poked his cheek.

"and how are you, butter cup?"

he looked at me and gave me a small smile. "i just wish you were at home."

i bit my lip to keep more tears from coming out of my eyes. i missed my best friend so much.

"oh, and about my black eye."

i looked up and gave dakota my full attention.

"uh jason did it." he whispered.

i figured that. "why?"

"he um snuck into my house and i kind of punched him, so we ended up fighting a little. well him mostly beating my up."

i nodded my head, signaling him to continue.

"well when i was like damn near out cold, he told me why he came to my house. well actually he threatened me in about 6 different ways before actually telling me why he was there."

i furrowed my eyebrows. "how'd he threaten you?"

dakota was about to speak but he waved to someone behind me. i turned around and saw blake standing there with a relieved expression on his face. he gave me a light smile before turning to go back into the living room. i turned back around to dakota and he started speaking again.