twenty five.

jason.

i blinked a few times, making sure that i was fully aware of what i was reading.

matthew west, somebody i thought i could trust, had betrayed me in the worst way possible.

and he was going to fucking pay.

tearing my eyes away from the paper, i was met with jupiter's big brown orbs. i felt my features soften as i looked at her.

he had hurt her. he had physically and mentally broken my baby and i was struggling to put the pieces back together.

i lifted my hand up and gently stroked jupiter's cheek. i felt her tense under my touch before she relaxed.

"jason, is everything okay?" jupiter whispered out.

pausing, i looked up at addison, giving her a head nod as a signal of dismissal, before looking back at jupiter.

"it will be. he can't hurt you anymore."

a look of realization hit her face before it quickly turned to fear. "a-are you mad at me? please don't be mad at me. i wanted to tell you, i really did. but i was just so afraid and i was struggling to process that he really did this to me. then he threatened-"

i cut her off. she was crying now.

i sighed. "i'm not mad at you baby. i would never blame anything like this on you. this is not your fault, okay?"

jupiter quickly nodded. i gave her a small smile, wiping the tears off of her face.

my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "wait, were you about to say he threatened you?"

she looked at me, nodding slowly.

i felt anger boiling in me. "what'd he say?"

jupiter took a shaky breath, holding back more tears. "h-he said he would kill me if i told you."

an angry chuckle escaped my lips. "oh he's fucking dead."

jupiter looked at me. "jason, w-what are you going to do?"

i placed a light kiss on her forehead before replying. "don't worry about it baby. just know you will never have to see him again."

she shot me a worried look before slowly nodding her head. "can we leave now?"

i nodded, signaling jupiter to stand up. she went over by the stairs as i walked towards the middle of the room.

"alright, the rest of you can go home. i found the culprit. but, don't worry it's not any of y'all." i sent a quick smirk towards matthew.

"go home."

turning around, i quickly walked towards jupiter. we hurried up and left.

once we were in the car jupiter turned and looked at me. "why'd you let him think you didn't know?"

putting the car in drive, i quickly pulled off. "so i can catch him when he least expects it."