twenty six.

jupiter.

the car ride to the restaurant was silent yet comfortable. my fingers were intertwined with jason's, his thumb caressing the back of my hand.

every so often i would catch him sneaking glances in my direction, me doing the same.

sighing, i chewed on my bottom lip. we hadn't been driving for that long but i've always had trouble sitting still for too long. i was always fidgeting.

after about fifteen more minutes we pulled up in front of a tall building. looking around, i noticed we were in the city and man was it beautiful.

i've always been a city girl so this is exactly what i needed. it was the lights and the business that i fell in love with.

jason quickly parked before coming around to my side of the car. he opened my door before offering his hand, which i easily accepted.

after helping me out, we walked hand in hand towards the door.

once we got outside we walked straight to an elevator and got in. jason pushed the button of the highest floor and leaned back against the wall. i felt his eyes on me.

turning, i looked at him. "what?"

he licked his lips slowly before smiling. "what, i can't look at you?"

biting my lip, i tried to hold back my smile, looking down in the process.

a few seconds later the elevator dinged and the door opened. we were met with a beautiful secluded area that was nicely lit with dim lights and candles.

as we stepped off the elevator i took a look around. there was a large window that showed an amazing view of the city. i slowly stepped towards it, my eyes glued to the shimmering lights in front of me.

i turned around to be met with jason's eyes. he smiled again, i noticed he was smiling a lot tonight. it didn't necessarily reach his eyes, but it was brighter than i had seen before.

"you hungry?"

nodding, i walked towards the table. jason pulled my chair out and helped me get settled before going over to his own seat.

moments later a waiter came out.

"good evening." his accent was thick.

"my name is carlos and i will be serving you tonight. we can get started with drinks."

i quickly looked over the beverages on the menu before looking up at carlos. "i'll take a strawberry lemonade."

carlos nodded before turning towards jason. "and for you sir?"

jason sighed. "i'll take one of those as well."

carlos nodded again. "alright two strawberry lemonades. i'll grab those and give you time to look at the menu."

as he walked away jason turned towards me. "know what you want?"

i shook my head, still looking at the menu. sometimes i hated fancy restaurants. i'm more of a chicken tender and fries kind of girl if you know what i mean, and who goes to a fancy restaurant and gets chicken tenders?