twenty four.

jason.

sighing, i looked down at my phone for what had to be the 10th time in the last two minutes.

blake had gotten the underwear to the lab area, now i was impatiently waiting on my forensics team to send me the results.

i could feel the anger boiling inside me. i just wanted to kill somebody.

shaking my head, i looked down at the sleeping beauty that rested in my arms. for the past two days jupiter and i had been cooped up in the bedroom. we finally decided to come downstairs and sit on the couch in the living room.

since the first day where we decided to stay in, i noticed that jupiter had been more close to me than usual. she didn't want me to leave her side and when we were just lounging around she had to touch me. whether it be her leg pressed up against mine or her fully sitting in my lap, she always had to remain in contact with me.

i pushed a few curls away from her face. how could anyone ever want to harm her? she was so perfect.

i almost dropped my phone as i felt it vibrate in my hand. quickly unlocking it, i tapped on my messages and read them.

"there were two forms of DNA. there was a great amount blood from a female and large amount of semen from a male."

my grip on my phone tightened as i read those two sentences over and over again. the forensics team better get ready, it's about to be a long day.

i quickly began typing a mass message to the whole gang. whoever the fuck did this was not going to get away with it.

"everybody get their asses to the fucking warehouse NOW."

after sending out the message, i threw my phone to the side. i looked down at jupiter who was still asleep. i hated to wake her up, but i had to.

"jupiter baby, wake up." i shook her shoulder some.

her eyes slowly fluttered open, her brown eyes meeting mine. she looked around before letting out a small yawn.

"we gotta get ready and go."

she sat up but still remained close to me. "where are we going?"

i stared at jupiter as she rubbed her eyes with her tiny fists.

cute.

"we have to go to the warehouse. there's an emergency situation that needs to be handled. come on."

jupiter stood up and waited for me before we both made our way up the stairs. we quickly threw on some clothes before making our way out the door.

getting into the car, i made sure jupiter was properly buckled in. shaking my head in anger, i started the car up and pulled off. i could feel my hands locking up from how tight i was holding the steering wheel.

i could feel jupiter's worried eyes on me.

"i-is everything okay jason?" she whispered out.

i took a quick glance at her before putting my attention back on the road. "it's not right now but it will be soon."

she looked at me warily before slowly nodding her head. sighing, i intertwined her fingers with mine before placing a kiss on her palm.