ten.

jupiter.

slowly, i blinked my eyes open and looked around. my eyes landed on the clock.

5:23 p.m.

i sighed and let out a yawn. i tried to get up but there was a weight on top of me. i looked down to see jason's head still resting on my lap. his mouth was slightly parted and he was breathing deep.

if i didn't know that he was the person who kidnapped me, looking at him i would've thought he was innocent. looks can be deceiving.

i grabbed the remote and turned the tv. i started flicking through the channels and stopped when i got to the news. a picture of me was flashing across the screen.

"the search for eighteen year old jupiter wolfe is still going on. police have found no clues or evidence, but they believe that jason mccann had something to do with all of it."

i gasped. jason mccann! now i remember. jason mccann, as in the bad ass criminal who has never been seen or anything like that. he's super dangerous and i'm just now figuring out who he is?

i turned my attention back to the screen as they showed a small clip of dakota speaking.

"jupiter was supposed to be coming to my house that day."

he wiped a tear that had slowly trailed it's way down his face.

"you know, something deep down told me that i should've went to pick her up. but, of course i didn't listen and now i don't know where she is. i just want my best friend to come back."

his voice cracked at the end, causing my heart to break. tears were falling from my eyes, so i quickly pulled my hands over my face. i cried quietly in my hands before wiping my face and adjusting my position.

jason groaned and started to shift. i turned off the tv. he slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. he gave me a small smile and i quickly looked away.

sitting up, he let out a low chuckle. he looked at the time on the clock and then looked back at me.

"are you hungry?"

i didn't answer him. i felt frozen. i just don't understand why it took me so long to figure this out. i had been sleeping in the same bed with a dangerous criminal and i didn't even know it. well technically i did know he was dangerous but i didn't know he was like that dangerous.

jason sighed. "jupiter."

he was standing now, so i looked up to meet his eyes.

"are you hu- have you been crying?"

i shook my head and looked everywhere but him.

"jupiter, i told you about lying to me."

i looked down at my hands and sighed. "yes, i'm hungry."

jason opened his mouth to speak but he closed it back and shook his head. he walked closer to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"come on."

i stood up slowly and jason lifted me up. he carried me downstairs and into the kitchen.

jason placed me down on the stool and i folded my arms, resting my head on them. i swung my feet and closed my eyes.

"what do you want to eat?"