Part 16

Part 16

Kimberley's Point of View

I watched Cheryl as she slept soundly next to me in bed. It was my day off today and I had woken up early and couldn't get back to sleep, so I had been watching Cheryl for half an hour or so. It wasn't even ten o'clock yet, so I didn't want to wake her just yet. We had planned to spend the day together and I didn't want it to start off with her in a grumpy mood. I rested my head back down onto the pillow and turned my body so I could still watch her.

“Kimba.. you know it's rude to stare.” Cheryl mumbled, I saw a small smirk creep onto her face.

“Be quiet you, I know you love the attention!”

She mumbled something else before moving her body on top of mine and burying her head into my neck. “I love you.” She whispered as she brushed her lips up and down my neck. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.”

“I love you more.”

“I love you the most.” I tilted her head up so she was facing me and kissed her gently. “Now come on, let's go and get something to eat.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After cleaning the kitchen after breakfast, I walked into the living room to find Cheryl lying on the couch watching tv.  I lay on the other one and started watching tv too. It was days like this I missed with Cheryl. These were the days were we could just relax with each other and not have to worry about anyone or anything.

“Have you got any plans for today, babe?” Cheryl asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah, I've got to tidy the house and go shopping today.”

Cheryl got up from her couch and walked over to mine, she smiled before lying on top of me and snuggling into me. “You're not going anywhere.”

“I have to.” I giggled as her breath tickled my neck.

“No you don't. It's your day off, I'll do it all another day.”

“Cheryl, when you say you'll do something, you always do it like three months later.” I kissed the top of her head. “Let me just go and do it today...”

“No.” Cheryl stated firmly, placing her hands on either side of my face, forcing me to look at her. “You've been working so hard lately and you're having a break today. We're not going to leave this house today, we're just going to relax.” She pressed her lips to mine when she saw I was going to protest against this. “And don't even bother saying anything about it, you're spending the day with me. It's just gonna be the two of us.”

“Like old times?”

“Like old times.” She confirmed. “When we used to lounge in our pyjamas all day and drink tea and do online shopping.”

“Go and pop the kettle on then.” I smiled as she moved her body off mine and disappeared into the kitchen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cheryl and I were snuggling on the couch with a cup of tea each and a box of chocolates I between us. She had her arms wrapped protectively around me, pulling me in towards her body. I closed my eyes and leaned back, resting my head on her shoulder.

“You okay, babe?” Cheryl asked as I felt her kiss my forehead.

“I'm perfect, babe.”

“I know you are.” She smirked when she saw me blushing. “Now, go get the laptop. I want to do some online shopping.”

I tried to get  up, but Cheryl wouldn't let go of my waist. When I tried to get up, she pulled me back down on top of her. “What are you doing?” I asked as I rested my forehead on hers.

“Nothing.” She grinned playfully as she began to rub her nose slowly against mine.

“Well, why wouldn't you let me up?”

“Because I didn't want to let you go again.”

“But this time I'm coming back.” I brought my lips down to hers. She smiled into the kiss and deepened it. I softly licked the bottom of her lip teasingly and begged for entrance. She parted her lips and I slid my tongue past them, rubbing my tongue forcefully against hers, before sucking on it slightly. She moaned softly into my mouth and gently bit down on my tongue before pulling away slowly, keeping her lips against mine.

“Do you want me to go and get that laptop now?”

“You really do know how to ruin a moment, Kimberley.” Cheryl giggled as she rested her hands on the small of my back. “And no, I don't want you to go and get it. I want to stay like this forever.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was late, Cheryl and I had spent the day doing very little. We stayed on the couch cuddling and kissing and talking about all the times we spent together. Cheryl was sitting on the couch and my head was rested in her lap. She was playing with my hair as we sat in a comfortable silence.

I looked up to her and smiled. I loved her. I wanted to be with her again, but I couldn't. Not until she told me why she left in the first place. I needed to know why, so I could trust her again.

“Chez?” I lifted my hand up and placed it on her cheek.

“What is it, babe?” She asked as she removed my hand from her cheek and intertwined our fingers together.

“I love you. I want to be with you.” I admitted.

“Me too, Kimberley.” She replied, looking straight into my eyes.

“But, I can't be with you. Not until you tell me why you left.”

Cheryl sighed as she ran her free hand through her hair, something she always did when she was nervous. “You're right, you do need to know. So I'll tell you...”