22. Jen's Uplifting Time

Jenny's POV:

"Kendall, Kendall, please come back!" Jess screams in her sleep. It was already 10 am and she was still lying in bed.

I quickly run towards her, "Jess." I pat her shoulders. "It's ok..." I try to calm her down a bit, without waking her up.

"Jen? Is that you?" She starts to open her eyes.

"Yes, you're ok. You're safe here, with me..." I touch her hand to give her some comfort.

"So, it was just a nightmare? Kendall and I are still good?"

I hesitate a little when she says that. How can I tell her without it hurting a lot. "Sorry Jess, it's true..."

She slowly sits up on the bed and tries to laugh at the situation. Instead, she begins to cry again. "Why? Why did this have to happen to me?" She says as she buries her face into her hands.

I don't second guess myself and hug her instead. "He'll come around. Just give it some time."

She continues to sob for a bit and then replies, "And if he doesn't?"

"Then he is a jerk for not believing you and an asshole for leaving you, especially with you having his baby..." She tries to smile at my words, but simply looks away towards the wall.

"And if he does leave, then recall that you have Mari and me to help you out in any shape or form." I circle my hand on her back and give her a quick kiss on her head.

"Thanks Jen. Thanks for everything." She grabs my hand tight and cries a few more tears.

"What are friends for?" She smiles and agrees with my question. "Alright then, what do you want to do today then?"

She gets away from me and faces me. "Honestly, I don't know..."

"Well whatever it is, I just want you to be happy and laugh and smile..." I take her phone and put on a song from it. "Even if I need to find the happy, soulful Jess..."

The first song I pick is one of her favorites that isn't by any of the guys. Cuz Lord knows if I picked one of them, she'd continue to cry and talk about Kendall and Logan.

"Really Jen? This song!" She exclaims.

"What's wrong? Does it make you feel like dancing?" I get up and begin to shake my hips a bit.

She laughs at my ridiculous self and then begins to sing along...

... Oh baby when you talk like that
You make a woman go mad
So be wise and keep on
Reading the signs of my body

And I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see baby, this is perfection...

"There we go, that's the Jess that I know." I get close to the bed and grab her hands. "Let's dance..."

"You're crazy Jen, I can't dance."

"Don't deny it, flaunt those hips of yours. Feel free."

She gives in after a few minutes and dances around the room.

We continue to listen to some of her songs, that is until her stomach begins to growl. "I think the baby is hungry..." She says.

"Ha, are you sure it's the baby? Or is it you?"

"We're both hungry," she takes a quick seat on the bed and then begins to fix it up.

"Ok, well I already have some food made. Just need to heat it up." I hand her my hand and lead her to the kitchen table.