9. Preparing for the Speech

I am currently at my house, cleaning up a bit before sitting down to write my speech. I'm those kinds of people who can't concentrate if the place is messy; it just doesn't work. I pick up the last of my magazines and put them away in the case.

I then get some papers and a couple of pencils to start preparing my thoughts for the speech. "Okay, now, how can I start this?" I tell myself, while holding the pencil next to my left cheek. Yes, you guys have figured out, I'm left handed.

Then, the door bell rings. Putting my pencil down, I head over to open the door to find my new boyfriend. He is hiding behind a bouquet of flowers, roses to be exact. "Knock knock," he says.

"Who's there?" I always like to play along with these jokes.

"Bouquet."

"Bouquet who?" I smile at his obviousness.

"Bouquet of flowers for my pretty lady!" He reveals himself and gives me the bouquet. He then leans down to hug me.

"Oww." Kendall gets back and reacts scared.

"Did my hug hurt you?" He lifts an eyebrow up, in confusion.

"Yeah, it hurt!" He then starts to laugh out loud. Not really, it's because my hair got caught on the roses and I felt a bit of spines poke me on my arm.

"I'm sorry, let me untangle your situation." Closing the door, we both head inside, slowly and carefully as he tries to untangle my hair. In about 2 minutes, my hair was free from the roses.

For a guy, he's pretty good. A few pulls here and there, but thankfully he didn't tangle my hair more to the point that he had to cut my hair.

"There, sorry for that." He takes the roses away from me and places them on the living room table. "Is that better?" He asks, as he hugs me again.

I nod, "Yeah, so what's the occasion?" I walk to the couch, "Or is this simply a random visit?"

"Remember? I said I would take you out to celebrate." He walks to the couch. "Unless you want to stay in, which I don't mind."

"Actually, I would prefer that. I need to prepare my speech anyways. It's in 3 days." I go to get the papers and pencils and walk back to the couch towards him.

"Ok then, what do you have so far?" He sits up, with his elbows on his knees, ready to listen.

"Okay," I clear my throat and sit there, like a dummy.

"That's it? A moment to clear up your throat?" Kendall asks.

"Yup, I just finished cleaning up and was about to begin brainstorming." I lean back onto my comfy couch. Ahh, my back could use a massage right now.

"Ok then, so I came just in time." He grabs the papers and pencil from me.

"What are you doing?" I sit up a bit, with a concerned face.

"Duh, I'm trying to help. Now, just speak whatever comes to mind and I'll quickly jot it down." He stares at me, ready with the pencil in his hands. Oh, he's serious. "Let your ideas free as they come to your intelligent brain and out with your beautiful voice."

"Thanks for the compliment, as always." I curl up my legs and hug them on the couch. "Ok, so..." I speak to him about my decision to become a teacher, my experiences from being a tutor to a teacher's assistance and then finally, to becoming a teacher.

Kendall was really concentrating to write down each of my words. I stare at his cuteness. Couldn't believe I could call him mine.

After about 2 hours, we took a break and ordered in some pizza. The door bell rings and I go to check it.