8. Good News

"Cuz maybe tonight the stars align!" There goes my alarm off again. I should really change it, considering that I feel that the stars definitely lined up last night.

**** Flashback to last night

After cuddling in the dark night, Kendall dropped me off. But before leaving, he gave me few more kisses.

Honestly, he is a really gentle, and sweet kisser. He's probably trying to take things slow, even though we are both adults here.

"Did you mean it when you said it was the best, first date ever?" He asks, his sparkly green eyes looking into my normal brown ones.

"Yes, I do mean it," I kiss him back one more time. Can't wait to see what happens next! I tell myself, cuz I'm still not 100% sure if he feels the same way. I mean, I know he likes me, but we're still not official yet.

"Ok then, I'll call you later." He gives me a hug, a warm, embracing hug. It's been a long time since I hug someone and feel complete happiness inside of me. It's like something just clicked to my heart.

Again, I feel his heart racing as I embrace him. It feels like we're the only two people on this planet we call Earth. We mutually pull away from each other, when he whispers to me, "Goodnight, my sexy teacher."

I get red and reply, "Nighty night, my handsome Spider-man." He gets excited and then does that power move that Spider-man does, where he pretends to shoot webs at me. I cross my arms and laugh at his childish motions.

"Now you're caught in my spiderweb," he winks at me and then waves goodbye, as he heads to his car. I wave back to him and shiver a bit. Yeah, school might have started a few months ago, but it's starting to get cold sooner. I hurry back inside, make some hot tea, get ready for bed, and then sleep to a playlist from my iPod named "Sweet Dreams."

**** End of flashback

I smile at remembering the night and how happy I felt.

I then get ready for school, deciding to wear some dressy pants, a nice white dressy shirt, and some black flats. This time, I made myself a simple bowl of cereal and bought a salad from jack in the box, later on for lunch.

I get to my class and, as usual, get my lesson plans ready, writing down the calender and so on.

**Fast Forward to lunchtime**

I get my salad and am about to sit down and eat it, when our school principal comes in. "Good day Ms. Garcia."

"Good day Mr. Richards." I quickly wipe my mouth and stand up to give him a handshake. "How goes your day?"

"It's going good. I'm actually here to give you some good news." I pay extra attention. Good news to a teacher is great, especially if it involves our students.

"I have just spoken to our school district and they have decided to make you the teacher of the year, on behalf of the entire school district."

I was tempted to spit out my food from the excitement of hearing that. But I resisted since he is our school principal and I'd probably get fired for that. "No way? Really?" I gently slap the table. It wasn't really gentle since I had several students jump.

"Yes, I'm serious. They wanted me to tell you so that you can go to a special dinner where they'll honor you and you'll get to give a speech, explaining your journey on becoming the great teacher that you are."

At this point, I just wanted to cry. "Thank you so much, I don't know to say or think." My hands are in sync with each other, fingers intertwined.

"No need to say anything, Ms. Garcia. You deserve it. I've seen how much your students have improved over the school year."