13

Valerie

I walked out the elevator and saw Shawn and Camila standing there laughing at something on his phone. I sighed as I began to walk towards them. "Hey" I said as they looked up at me. "Oh hey, so what do you want to do?" He asks. "Uh, whatever you want I guess" I responded as rubbed my arm. "Oh come on Valerie it's your first time here in the city what do you want to do?" Camila asks.

Was she coming with us?

"Um do you guys have somewhere to be? You two are  still kind of dressed up"

"Yeah we have to get to Madison Square Garden but not for an hour" Shawn said. "Okay...then let's go to ---" I was interrupted by Camila's phone  ringing. "Sorry" she said walking away as she answered.

Shawn and I were in a awkward silence. It's weird, it's never been this awkwardly quiet between him and I.

"So Camila?" I asked breaking it. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Like are you two together or?"

"Oh...a ha no we're not" he said rubbing the back of his neck. His cheeks began to turn pink. "Do you like her?" I asked. "...no" he responded looking down. I smirked "You liar".

"I am not" he defended. Before I could argue back Camila comes back "Shawn we have to go back like now" she said. "Oh, okay. Uh Val come with us and. I can get you a front row seat" he said smiling.

"Okay"

I was in the front waiting for Shawn to come on. Fifth Harmony was coming on right now and the crowd was going absolutely insane.

Music began blasting and I saw the five girls rise from the stage. They began singing and I couldn't lie,  I like the songs they sang. It was amazing. It actually made me envy Camila more due to her perfect face, body, hair, and her voice.

Before I knew it they already sang their 4 songs next was Shawn and I was beyond excited. I Heard the crew setting up the set right in front of me and it made more anxious.

"Are you ready for Shawn Mendes"

I yelled with the screaming fans. In two seconds he came out on stage with his guitar. He greeted everyone and began to strum his guitar. He sang my favorite song Strings.

I sang along as did the rest of the crowd. It was really amazing. Even though this wasn't his own show. He was still performing a sold out show at Madison Square Garden.

Three songs went by faster than suspected, he was now getting ready for his last song. He smiled widely at the crowd.

"you all know this song so, sing along if you want"

The crowd cheered louder knowing what song he was talking about. He began strumming and began to sing. It was Life Of The Party, his first song ever released. I remember being there with him when it got to number one on the charts. I've never seen him so happy. I'm so lucky to have a friend like him.

Before I knew it he was done, I jumped and cheered so did the rest of the crowd. His smile got bigger and waved at the crowd. He then saw me and waved. I waved at him to giving him a thumbs up. He signaled me to come backstage so I began to run. I ran through the isle and made around to the back without being seen.

Once I caught a glimpse of Shawn I began to run in his direction. He finally saw me jogging over to me. I jumped into his arms and hugged him tight. "Oh my god you did amazing! I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks Val" he said hugging me tighter. We pulled back still in each others arms. He kept his eyes to mine. He began to lean. He was leaning..wait was he leaning. Or was I imagining it...He can't kiss me. I'm with Chad. He will flip. "Shawn!" I heard someone yell. He let me go and turned around. I sighed in relief as he went to go hug Camila.

I've never felt so relieved yet angry at the same time...why was that?

I was now in the hotel room by myself. Why is that? Because Shawn went to the stupid after party with Camila. I couldn't come because I wasn't added to the list also because I wasn't a performer. So I was now alone and bored in a hotel room. Chad wasn't answering his phone either so I was really bored.

I went on my apps to check a few things, I then noticed a tweet by Shawn.

@shawnmendes: @itsmeval came to surprise me today in NYC so happy that she came to see my show :)

I liked it and retweeted it. I the saw a post from one of his fan accounts saying that he posted na picture with Camila. I quickly went on Instagram and it was the first picture on my feed. He had his arm around her and she had her hand covering his face as she made a face. The description said "thankful for this one, so glad to have you in my life. Don't know what I would do without you @camila_cabello"

What about me?

-------------

yIKES YIKES