Epilogue

Epilogue

                “Crazystar, you must come to the medicine cat den,” Honeywhisker meowed.

                The ThunderClan leader had her head buried in her dead son’s fur. “Why?” Crazystar asked.

                “Because if we don’t stop the bleeding soon, you’ll die because of too much blood loss,” the medicine cat replied.

                “I am going to stay with my son,” the gray-furred she-cat insisted stubbornly.

                “Crazystar, even if you don’t die from blood loss, one of the wounds will more than likely get infected without being properly treated,” Honeywhisker told her leader.

                “If I am dead, I will be in StarClan with Blazestorm at least,” Crazystar responded quietly.

***

                When dawn came, the ThunderClan leader was dead.

                Stonestream was the first to notice. Most cats were occupied by the fact that Petalfall’s kitting was occurring in the nursery at that time. The rest probably assumed she had just fallen asleep. But the dark gray deputy had been sitting vigil with her as well.

                “Crazystar, wake up,” he whispered softly. “It’s morning. The elders and StarClan will take care of him now.”

                When she didn’t respond, he poked her in the side with a paw. “Please don’t ignore me, Crazystar,” Stonestream begged, his voice tight with pain. “He was my son as well.”

                The gray-furred she-cat still didn’t say anything. And that’s when Stonestream realized she wasn’t breathing.

                He dashed into the nursery in time to see Honeywhisker pass the first kit, a tiny cream-colored she-cat that would probably look just like her mother, to Flamestripe. “Lick it,” the medicine cat ordered. “Get it dry and…”

                “Honeywhisker, Crazystar is dead!” Stonestream shouted.

                A ripple of shock passed through the nursery and the crowd of warriors gathered outside. But Honeywhisker sighed and nodded. “I tried to warn her,” she meowed sadly.

                “Wait, you mean you didn’t treat her injuries?” Stonestream growled.

                “She wouldn’t let me,” Honeywhisker answered.

                “You let your Clanmate and leader DIE?” the dark gray tom screeched.

                The medicine cat met his gaze. “I respected her wishes,” she replied. “And the warrior code says to obey your leader no matter what they tell you. Now announce your deputy and we can leave for the Moonpool. Petalfall’s kitting is nearly over.”

***

                Blazestorm stepped back. Stonestream noticed for the first time that here in StarClan, his hindleg was no longer twisted. His son’s limp that had kept him struggling with training was finally gone.

                The orange-and-black tom was replaced by the cat he wanted to see most of all. The gray-furred she-cat looked younger and stronger. “Stonestream, I have always loved you with all of my heart. But it was my time, and I could hear StarClan calling me. I trust that you will lead my Clan well, and after that, we will be together until we fade to nothing,” Crazystar promised. “With this life, I give you love. True love is stronger than any other force.”

                Stonestream clenched his teeth as the agonizing wave of anger passed through him. “Yes, I believe you already know love could overcome any circumstance and for any cat you truly love, you  would be more than willing to die defending them,” Crazystar meowed.

                “How will I see you?” he asked.

                “I will meet you in your dreams,” she replied. “Stonestar, I couldn’t be more proud of you.”

                The StarClan cats called his new name. “But that’s not enough!” the new leader protested. “I don’t want to live without you.”

                The starry warriors were already starting to fade. “You will never be without me,” she purred, her voice growing distant. “May StarClan light your path, Stonestar. I will watch over you, always.”

A/N: This book is officially completed! The next book will be a Super Edition called Salmonstar's Fate, and I'll have the Author's Note and possibly the allegiances and book cover posted soon!

Hope you enjoyed the story of Crazystar's life and I'm looking forward to writing a bunch of Super Editions now that these two books are finished! :D