Ch.27

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME HELL YEAH LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD WOO

Ashton's P.O.V

  "I said I was sorry Luke what do you want with me."

He gives me an annoyed look and simply says, "You know what this means Ashton."

Shit.

  "Yes. Yes I do know what this means, I was simply in a hurry to get home before I'm late for school again."

  "I think you need to tone down the sass." Luke growls out.

  "And I think that you need to get laid, but ya know we all have dreams don't we?"

  "I've had enough of this bullshit Irwin. I gave you plenty of warnings the last times you crossed the lines. This time though, we have business."

  "Like what kind of business?"

  "Like the kind involving your new little pet human you have at school.. Oh right, what's her name again? Leah?"

I can immediately feel my muscles tense up as soon as he so mentions her name, and I feel my body move before my mind can properly react to what I'm doing as I jump from the branch I'm standing on. Only in the next instant I have the pup around the neck and pinned up againt the tree by his throat.

A few low growls reach my ears as I remember Luke has his left and right hand in command(s) with him.

  "Let off guys he won't hurt me." Luke says with a cocky side grin.

  "You wanna bet?" I say squeezing just a little bit harder.

A satisfied grin reaches my face as Luke starts to cough a little bit before I drop him to the ground.

  "Now seriously, what do you really want with me?" I ask, putting my hands behind my back.

  "I've let you off the last few times you've come onto our territory with a few chases that were fun and all, but still. I know you've been trying to eat animals like some weird twilight bullshit, but I know what you're doing Ashton."

  "Oh really? Oh please do tell."

  "You're trying to change."

  "Change?"

  "You're trying to change your ways for her. For Leah"

  Fuck.

  "And if I am?" I ask.

  "If you don't tell her I'll start to pursue her myself."

  "Like hell you will!" I growl out and flash my fangs at them just to give a warning sign. I can feel my eyes flash red out of anger this time, instead of hunger.

  "The funny thing is you know that I will. And you can't do a damned thing about it."

I sigh in a sligth jesture of defeat.

  "And what are your conditions then?"

  "If you don't tell Leah what you are by the end of this weekend, I'll expose you for what you really are."

  "I can't promise anything, but I can try." I admit more to myself than for his own benefit.

  "You know what I'll be asking for now don't you?" Luke says with a completely serious look.

  "Unfortunately, yes. Do we really have to do this everytime?"

  "Unfortunately if this is the only thing that makes you follow our rules, then yes."

  Luke then takes a knife out, from where, I do not know or question. I jesture for the first cut and i gingerly cut my hand and he does the same to his. We then shake hands and drop them as fast as they were put together.

  "I guess I'll be seeing you around Ashton."

  "Unfortunately I will be seeing you today at school, a number of times, but who's really counting?"

  Luke just shakes his head at me and then smiles at the ground and looks back up at me and says,

"You know Ashton? I think she's really changing you, and for the better."