Chapter 3: Just a Dream

I nodded, and Chronic slid a bit closer to me, and rubbed my shoulder. "Shh... It was just a dream, Sarah. You hear me?"

I nodded, and hugged him, crying a bit. "Y-yeah... Did... Did you have a dream too?"

He shook his head. "No, but when you woke up, you kinda kicked me, so I also woke up. How bad was the dream?"

I shook my head. "I-it was awful... Lia... Lia said that if I were to continue down this path, it would lead to nothing but destruction. I... I don't want to believe her, but yet it sounds so convincing..."

Chronic then rubbed my back. "Hey. It's going to be alright. I'll help you overcome the Dark One, no matter what she tries to do to you. Got it?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I got it. But... But why does she want me so badly?"

Chronic sighed. "You are familiar with the famous Prophecy of Legends, correct?"

I nodded. "Of course. It's the prophecy we are trying to fulfill as we speak. Why do you ask?"

Chronic bit his tongue. "Well, you see, there's... An alternate version of it. It's known as rhe Prophecy of Oblivion. Want me to explain?"

I nodded. "Yes. Of course. I've never even heard of this prophecy."

Chronic nodded. "I would think so. Let's see...
As Legends of the World disappear, only one can be responsible for taking their place.
Though set from the path of truth by Time and Recreation, Destruction will set the Chosen One back on her path.
Once Time, Space, and Distortion can be controlled, Destruction and the Chosen One shall recreate the world in their vision."

I was lost for words. Both prophecies were talking about the journey I was on. "... Which one os.true?"

Chronic shook his head. "That's the problem. They both are, and... And it's up to you to decide which one is fulfilled, but I beg you to stay on this path. Please, Sarah."

I thought for a moment. I don't know why, but the onw Chronic just told me... It seemed more... Fitting. I sighed. "... I'll be outside," and without another word, I quietly slipped into the night.