Chapter 12: Hidden in Time

(Chronic's POV)

When we walked through the portal, we stepped into the place that's basically my second home: the Hidden Land.
I stepped through first, and helped Sarah through. "Are you feeling alright?" I asked her as I snapped my fingers, causing the portal to close.
She tightly gripped my shoulder, and shook head.
I looked at her, concerned. "S-Sarah? What hurts?"
She answered, but I could barely hear her, as it barely came out as a whisper. "I-I don't know... Everything...... Slipping away....." Without another word, she passed out and collapsed into my arms.
I caught her, and sat her against a nearby tree and sat next to her. "Sarah? Are you ok? P-please... Answer me..."
Sarah remained silent.
I started to cry. I couldn't bear the thought of losing her. I bit my lip and took her pulse, and deeply sighed when I felt it, even though it was a bit on the low side.
With a few tears rolling down my cheek, I gently stroked her hair, trying to the best of my abilities to not have a total breakdown. To be completely honest, I have no idea what's going on, or why it's even happening.
I sat there for a few minutes, with no changes whatsoever, and then something...odd happened.
I wasn't sure why, but a bright light started to envelop her. I immediately thought that she was going to disappear, as did Grovyle, Celebi, and Dusknoir. However, that wasn't the case. The light that was enveloping her started to shift its shape, and next thing I knew, there was a Mew in my lap. I started to cry, both in disbelief, as well as amazement.
I then heard a familiar voice from behind me. "Master Dialga? You didn't inform us that you'd be visiting. Grovyle and Celebi are up at Temporal Tower, watching over the Time Gears."
I knew that voice. The cold, sinister voice could only belong to one Pokémon. Dusknoir.
I turned around, holding Sarah close, still trying to not cry. "Ah. Dusknoir. A pleasure to see you. I assume everything is going well?"
He chuckled a bit. "Oh ho ho! I can definitely say so. Things actually haven't looked better. The Tower has been fully restored." He then looked at Sarah. "Hm? Who's that? I can't say I've seen her face around here before."
I sighed, and gently stroked her, causing to stir a bit. "Dusknoir, this is Sarah. You know that prophecy I'd often talk about?"
Dusknoir thought for a moment, and then nodded. "Yes. The one that involved different Legendary Pokémon and such?"
I nodded. "Yes. That is correct. This is Sarah. She is the Daughter of Beauty and Steel."
Dusknoir chuckled a bit as if I had told him a joke or something. "Ho ho ho! I thought you said that this 'Daughter of Beauty and Steel' is a human! That is most defiantly a Mew. Not a person."
I sighed. "Dusknoir. She is a person, but something happened while we were crossing dimensions, causing her to take on her Pokémon. Can...can I entrust you with a task?"
He nodded, which he followed with a bow of sorts. "Of course, Master Dialga. You can entrust me with almost any task. You name it, and I shall do it."
I sighed and held Sarah out. "Here. Please take Sarah to the Tower. I have a task that is must do, and it's dangerous to take her with me."
Dusknoir nodded and took Sarah from me, and nodded. "You can assure that she's in safe hands, Master."
I nodded, and sighed. "I'll be back in a few hours most likely."