Chapter 9: The Cave of Origins

(Chronic's POV)

We got to the Cave, and it had already started to rain. It was hard to tell what the cause of the storm was. There were two obvious possibilities. One was that it was this freak storm that everyone was talking about, or possibly because of Kyogre. With the freak storm, I was thinking that somehow Darkrai had started it.

I looked over at Sarah, who had made herself a Charizard Pokéhuman, thus gaining the ears, tail, and even wings, which made sense. "You ready to go in?"
She nodded. "Yeah. Let me lead the way."
I smiled and nodded. "Of course. Let's go."

As we went deeper into the cave, it was getting a bit colder, and I stuck to Sarah's side. "Are we almost to the bottom?" I asked her, slightly shivering from the chill of the cave.
She nodded, and took my hand. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure we're close."
Just as she said that, a magnificent pool of crystal clear water came over the horizon, and we approached it.
Sarah went to the pool, and started to look around, as if searching for something.
I walked over to her. "What's the matter? Are you looking for something?"
She nodded. "Yeah. Kyogre and Groudon should be around here somewhere, but I'm not seeing them anywhere..."
I looked around, and she was right. They were nowhere in sight. "Yeah. That's odd... They're usually down here..."
She sighed, and closed her eyes and crossed her arms, and she became a Vaporeon Pokéhuman. "I'm going to go and see if I can find Kyogre. You stay here and see if you can find Groudon."
I nodded. "Of course. Just... Just stay safe."
She jumped into the water, partially getting me wet, and surfaced, and nodded. "Of course, Chronic. You do the same."
I nodded, and she dove into the water.

I was looking around for some time, unfortunately without any luck, and something else was worrying me. Sarah wasn't back yet.
Then all of a sudden, the cave instantly got warmer. There was only one was I could explain how that happened. Groudon had entered the cave. I turned around, and sure enough, there he was, in his Pokehuman form (pictured above). I looked at him. "well hello there, Groudon," I said, my voice sounding a bit flustered with a hint of anger.
He looked at me, slightly confused. "Chronic? What are you doing here? I thought you and Sarah lived in Undella Town."
I slightly growled. "Yes. That is true, but we have reason to believe that the Dark One is on the rise again, and we have come to get you and Kyogre. Speaking of which, where is she?"
Groudon sighed. "You see, that's the problem. I don't know. I would go look for her, but being a Ground-Type Pokemon, I don't exactly belong in the water..."
I nodded. "I see. Where and when was the last time that you saw her? I might be able to help you find her."
He sighed. "Well, we were down here, and she was in the water, fooling around, having a great time, and she asked me to go and get some berries. I went out of the cave to do so, and when I came back, she was nowhere to be seen!"
I let all of it sink in for a moment, and then nodded. "I see. And when was this?"
"Hm. Probably a day or two ago."
I then muttered under my breath. "I just hope Sarah is alright..."