Flight

"Lani"

"Huh?" I asked sitting up.

"Get up. We gotta go." He said

I sighed and rolled off of my bed. I hopped up and looked at the clock. Damn I just went to sleep!

3:45

"Flight leaves at 7" My dad yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

I hurried up and brushed my teeth,took a shower, washed and blowdried my hair, and got dressed.

I turned on my Bluetooth speaker and played August Alsina - Testify with the volume on 100.

I started going through my checklist that I had written on my dry erase board that hung on my wall.

I looked down at my suitcase after checking each thing.

Panties....check!
Jeans....check!
Shirts.....check!
.........

After I got to the 20th item I stopped checking nd just started ramming random clothes in my suitcase. Well...sorta random.

My dad came back upstairs

"Happy Birthday Baby" he said smiling.

I smiled back and hugged him. He handed me a roll of money and a Oreo cake.

"Thanks!" I said.

He chuckled and walked back downstairs. He had to be writing another rap. His music was almost louder than mine when he opened my door. The whole point of getting soundproof walls....didn't even know he had music playing.

I walked over to the wall and grabbed the framed picture of my big brother off the wall. He was killed a couple years ago. Mama always told him that that drug corner will kill you.
I shook my head and put it in my suitcase.

I looked in my pants drawer and grabbed about 10 shorts ( high,low,and mid rise) and 5 skirts. Opened up my shirt drawer and grabbed about 15 shirts,8 tank tops and 7 crop tops. This was super frustrating. Went in my underwear drawer and grabbed a handful of VS pairs.

My travel hygiene tools were already packed. I looked up at the clock again.

5:37

I walked over to my ice cream cake and took a bite.

Heaven.

"Thirty minutes" he yelled.

"Kay dad!!"

I got up and scanned the room. I only had a few more things to do.

WOAH! I kinda forgot but my name is Kelani or Kiki or Lani. Im black and yes I am darskinned .I'm 18 but I just turned it today. I actually live with my mom but I celebrated my birthday yesterday with her and my friends.

Today I wanted to spend my birthday for the first time, with my Daddy.

I'm not really short or really tall. I'm 5'7. I mean....I guess that's pretty tall but I put it to good use....by hooping. I played ball since I was seven. I'm pretty good really.

But now its July 8. And instead of going to Barbados I wanna go to Atlanta. We were staying until September because I had to come back for school.

*********$ ******** $********$ **********

"Let's go Kelani!" My dad yelled.

See....I could've stayed at home but my dad has to go to Atlanta to coach this new singer. So....why not get two birds with one stone?

I ran downstairs dragging my suitcase down the stairs halfway and letting it roll down the rest of the way. I ran back up and grabbed my purse that had all my essentials in it ( pepper spray, taser,lip gloss, makeup bag, jewelry container,etc.) and my cake.

I came back down to the living room and my dad was already in the B.

My suitcase was gone so I walked out and closed the door behind me. It locked by itself.

I set my purse in the back and ate my half melted ice cream cake while I was in the seat buckled up.

He pulled out nodding his head to some music he was playing in his earphones.

I finished up my cake, posting on sc,twitter,fb,Instagram,and even reading my texts.

I don't even have that many friends considering I move to a different house in a different city every 5 months.

I started getting endless notifications so I turned my volume off.

I posted a picture on IG with me and my clothes on.

I have on a crop top with August Alsina on it and all his song titles written in tiny print on the back. I also had on some light washed high rises. I had on my white 3 inches and some jewelry. My hair was blowdried and in a curly afro with my ends dyed burgundy.

The airport isn't even that far from our house. It never is....wherever we go, it'll be less than thirty minutes away.

We pulled up at 6 and went inside. His personal valet was waiting to take our car back home.

We went through baggage and ticket scanning. Then we boarded the plane. I only had my purse on me and got on in first class with my dad. As soon as we got on the plane for the 4 hour flight, it took off. I also took off. I was SUPER tired.