Regrets

A:Kelani

A:Girl I know you getting my texts

A:Stop ignoring me

A:See I would tell you what happened but you trippin

A:I'm not sorry because I don't have a reason to be

A:Stop being like that

A:Okay

A:I'm coming over

I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on the bed, running downstairs.

"Daddy. When he comes don't open the door" I said walking past his office. He rolled his eyes.

"I have to let him in. I'm coaching him" he said putting his pen down.

I rolled my eyes and turned towards the door. I stood there for a moment then went into the kitchen and got a machete. I sat down on the balcony sharpening it with a piece of concrete.

He walked in on the balcony. I guess Daddy let him in.

"Kelani" he said.

"Hmm?" I asked swinging the machete.

He took it from me. "That guh you saw.... That was my sista. She was sad ova Mel."

I stood up and tried to hug him.

"I'm sorr-"

He wrenched his face and shook his head, holding his arms out to keep space between us.

"Okay." He said.

I was about to cry when he walked up to me and patted my shoulder.

"There are people in this world who make dumb ass mistakes Kelani. And you wuh one of em. Don't make no shitty mistakes like dat again guh. Cuz this is unacceptable."

He walked in the house, slamming the patio door leaving me there dumbfounded. I hope he know I'm not finna suck his dick to make him forgive me. Yeah I feel like an asshole but I didn't know.

"Let's run that back" I heard my dad say.
"All of it?" August asked.
"No. Just the last chorus."

I peeped around the corner to see what they were doing. My dad thinks he has a studio in his office since adding some microphones, speakers, and an equalizer.

The music started again and he started singing.

"I don't want nobody but you
Kissin on ma Tattoos
And I don't want nobody but me
Until you fall asleep
We betta stop playin
Before we mess around and someone gets hurt
I don't want nobody but you
Kissin on my Tattoos
Nobody but you
Nobody but you
Nobody but you
Nobody but you...

The background voices were playing while he was singing the main parts.

" alright that's a wrap." Daddy said to him.

August stood up and started grabbing his things. I hurried up and ran to the couch and got on IG like I didn't see anything.

He walked out a few minutes later and looked at me shaking his head before he walked out of the door.

My dad came in and sat next to me.

I took my earphones out. I had been listening to someone other than August for the first time in months : Tink.

"Yes Daddy" I asked.

"We saw you peeping."

"And?"

"And... That's means you care about him still. And the fact that he dedicated that song to you means something grand." He said.

I raised my eyebrow. "He dedicated it to me?" I asked feeling happy.

"Yeah but don't flatter yourself. He's still upset. So..." He stood up pulling my arm. He took me to the door and pulled me outside shutting and locking the door.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the window. He was looking at me through it."Go to him" he yelled through the thick glass.

I started walking down the stairs when I tripped over a shoe. Hey! That's August's shoe. What the hell is going on?

I called him and he didn't answer. I started panicking while running to his apartment. I knocked.

No answer.

I knocked again.

No answer.

I started knocking and after about 5 minutes of knocking I ran to one of my dad's rentals and pulled off searching. I stopped at a gas station.

When I got out I heard two people talking.

Person 1: Girl yeah... I heard he was rushed to the hospital

Person 2: Girl yeah right. He probably faked it.

Person 1: Well....whatever happened, I hope August is okay.

I ran up to the girl who said he went to the hospital. Her friend was in the car.

I grabbed her arm turning her around

"Where did you say August went?" I asked frantically.

Just my fucking luck. It was the girl from the movie theater.

"Bitch get off me. He's your boyfriend. You should know." She got in the car and pulled off.

I would've kicked her ass right there but I have to find out where August is.