Dont Know What I Would Do

Kelani POV

I woke up and started crying immediately. I started thinking about August all over again. I can't take this. I can't believe he really in a coma . It's been a couple weeks but he should be out in about two weeks according to the last doctor analysis.

I wiped my eyes and sniffed. I'm going to visit him now. I got dressed and went downstairs. My dad was gone so I assumed he was at the studio working with Tyga again.

I used his second rental again. It was a  bright orange convertible. I stopped at the same gas station that I did the other day and the cruel memories of last week replayed in my head.

Everyday since then I've been visiting him and updating him on what had been happening. I got out of the car and went inside the store to get some cards and snacks. I've been leaving things like chips and candy and "Get Well Soon" cards next to his bed.

"$8.37" the guy said.

I gave him a ten and walked out without getting my change.

I put all the snacks and stuff in the backseat and pulled off. The hospital is only 10 minutes away.

...................................................................

I parked the car in the parking lot and got out with all the bags. I walked up to the hospital door and went to the elevator. There was somebody already in there going up. She looked at me and mugged me. I rolled my eyes and pretended to check my watch. The elevator kept stopping on every floor.

Floor 5.

The speakers announced the floor number.

When the elevator stopped on floor 9 she pushed past me and walked all the way down the hallway. When I got to August's room she was there sitting on his lap and whispering in his ear. He probably couldn't even hear her though.

I was mad as fuck but I didn't do anything because he was still mad at me probably. We weren't exactly on speaking terms when he had the heart failure. She didn't see me come in so I just set the bags down on the table and took a seat in a chair by the bathroom, scrolling through IG.

August

I found out ma guardian angel's name is Cassis.  She wuh showin meh how ta survive up hea.

"So... You sayn that I eats no food?" I asked.

"Yes...basically." She replied. "Just eat the clouds. It'll last you until you leave."

I scrunched meh eyebrahs. "But I been eatn regulah food since..."

"August. What do you want to eat?"

I shrugged meh shouldahs. "Some cereah?"

"Go grab a handful of cloud." She told meh.

I went and grabbed some. It instantly turned into a bowl uh Frosted Flakes.

Meh eyes widened and I started eating. I could get used tuh dis.

"Well don't.... You're leaving in five....four...three.....two...."

Ma vision started tuh get blurreh an ah passed out.

°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•°°°°•

Kelani

I was texting my dad when August sat up.

"Huh?" He said looking at the chic.

He sat up frantically and pushed her off.

"August you know you want me back" she commented with a ghetto accent, rolling her eyes.

"Oh my god!!!! August!!!!" I screamed dropping my phone and kissing his face everywhere.

The girl had left.

He chuckled."Heh...duhnt dis look familiuh."

I didn't reply as I hurried up and pressed the nurse button as she came rushing in.

"Is ever- hey! Look who's up!" She said smiling brightly.

She brought him a cup of hot tea and brought me a pack of papers to sign. Whew!

I rubbed his cheek with my thumb. "

I called his mom, sister, brother,my dad, and his boy Reggie.

They all came in with gifts.

"Uhn...actualeh I dink I wanna leave wit Lani." He said in a croaky voice.

We all agreed that he should leave with me and everyone left, posting all over social media.

My dad had to leave back to the studio so me and August left with both of his shoes, his snacks and cards, and not a single tag-along-hoe.

&#&%@@&&#&-#&@%$-&#&&@%#&&#-&$

August slept through the whole ride home.

I tapped his shoulder."hey....wake up" I whispered.

He jumped up. "Cassis?" He asked.I shook my head. Cassis must be the chick that was on him.

He looked at me. "Oh...it's you"

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Nun I jus thought it wuh my guardian angel." He said with a straight face.

I frowned, confused. He must've fell pretty hard.

"Never mind" he said getting out the car. I grabbed his bags and brought them inside with him.

He went in his room and came back out with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Hey...Im uhh... I'm botta take a shower so..." I nodded my head.

"Go ahead I'll be waiting here"

He walked away without saying anything else.

I heard the shower running. I just sat there for the whole 30 minutes he was upstairs and waited, thinking about him.

&&%#%%#%&#&$&#&#&%@%#%&$&$%

When he came out he plopped on the couch.

"So Uhmm August." I said.

"Yah?"

"Who was tha-"

"That's meh ex. She don knah wen ta quit." He said shaking his head.

"Look.... I knah ya prolly think I'm mad at ya but I'm not. Through dose eight days I learnt dat life is too fuckn short ta be arguing like dis. Don be upset wit meh. It's jus dat when ya smacked me without knowing da story I got a little mad. So....let's start ova. How a ya' mami? I'm August." He said smiling nervously.

I didn't grab his hand but I grabbed his face and kiss the fuck outta his dumb ass.

"August you been out my life for 18 years. Then all of a sudden you pop up and you leave me for 8 days. Fuck a handshake. Fuck a do over. Nigga ain nah do ovas round hea "

I said mocking his accent.

He laughed and pulled my face back to his. We kissed for about a full minute till I pulled away huffing and trying to catch my breath.

We busted out laughing.

"I don knah wat I wud do without you." He said rubbing my cheek with his thumb.