Shoot or Die

Lani

I woke up coughing.

August came in with some tea and cough drops. I put a cough drop in my mouth.

"Whats that?" I asked pointing to something in the tea.

He smiled, " Its a chocolate chip. "

I accidentally swallowed my cough drop and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.

"You almost killed me!" I said.

"All you gotta say is 'August baybeh I don wan a chocolate chip in my tea baybeh.' And I could've took it out -"

"What? First: that's not the problem. Second: I don't sound like that. Third: why would you take it out if you already let it melt?"

He shrugged his shoulders and I started writing.

"What's that?" He asked.

"My will." I replied.

"You're gonna kill yaself cuz I put a chocolate chip..... In ya tea?" He asked boringly.

"No. You gonna kill myself because you made me swallow my cough drop. See..."

I pointed to my throat.

"No I can't see in ya thoak ....and you not gon dah".He said.

I started writing.

August

I looked at ha like she was crazy.

" Stop" I said calmly takin da pen from ha.

"Look. I'm botta go handle some business. Ia call you later baybeh."
I said.

"Alright August. I love you." She yelled as I closed the doo' behind meh.

It gave me shivers and I wondered when and if I'd eva say it back.

I walked outside and got in meh Audi.

Ay Reg I'm in ner

Ight nigga the address is 283 E. Lavender Oil

Wyan?

I'm omw too. 20 minutes top

Ight. One

One.

I pulled off and let my GPS lead me to da house.

I pulled up fifteenth minutes lata and Reg's car was parked about a half a mile down. I parked my car there too and ran the rest of the car to da meet.

Reg was crouching on da side of da house.

"Update" I crouched next to him.

"His name is Alonzo Larico. They calm him Dr.Al-"

"Docta? Tf? He got some kind a degree?"I asked.

"Nigga shut up. He's in his mid 40s. Has three daughters bit his son was killed. He has Nautica in there. It's only them two. Something about a ransom Carter has to pay."

"So what's the plan?" I asked looking around.

"Since it's only two people in there according to the hidden surveillance...." He pulled out his phone and showed me a live feed a Nautica and Al. He had ha tied up in a chair and he was whispering ta ha. She was squirming.

"...we only need me and you. I'm gon go in first through the doggy door. They're in the basement so I can sneak down the metal stairs. He won't be facing me. After I text you, come in and make some noise so that he can leave. Then run back to ya car and wait fa me there. "