12. Try Hard

>The beginning is my favorite part of that song. If you didn't know the song is called Please Don't Go by Joel Adams. He's Australian too and just amazing. Then the photo is what Amethyst's hair and clothes looks like. Her hair has progressively grown since the wedding.<

Never thought teaching would be as fun as I thought. I brought a lot of fun into the math and I think the kids are actually going to start progressing as they get used to me. Some students that I over heard in the hall said that math was the best class all day. I don't know about them but their English teacher is amazing so that was a big accomplish to me.

Luke texted me with random selfies every now and then. Some of them made me laugh while others were just really adorable or extremely hot. Carly is touring with them again. She had so much fun last time. She's still not very fond of planes but when she's with her husband she's alright. Since she is touring I wont be able to see Kiersten until they get back.

I was sat on a little table outside a cafe sipping my tea. I had the tests I needed to grade in my hand a pen in the other. I was almost done. Most of the kids did simple mistakes that didn't get too much points taken off. I'm actually really proud of the students. A grown man sits in the chair beside me making me look up. It took me a second to figure out who the person was. Damn was he a fresh face to see today.

"Jonathan Drist," I smile, "haven't seen you in awhile."

"Well I am now 24," he smirks making me raise my eyebrow.

"So?" I ask.

"I can do what I want," he shrugs not understanding his own phrase.

"How's Austin?" I ask changing the subject.

"Good. He is traveling with his friend. I think he's coming home soon," he tells me.

"Oh tell him to stop by. I have no plans and he knows where the key is," I say and he nods.

"I heard about Joey. How is that going?" John asks.

I might gossip to Austin too much. He gossips too though so at least I'm not bothering him. Well I hope not.

"Better. At first she wasn't very happy about never getting to meet her mom and her dad being a criminal and all but she's warming up to me," I state taking a sip of my tea.

"Wasn't she close to you before?" John asks as I gulp down my drink.

"Yah but she actually hasn't came to me about anything as a sister except help telling Calum," I say and he nods.

"I'm sure you're a great sister," he smiles making me smile as well.

--

There was music blasting from my house as I opened the front door. I sighed closing the door behind me. I hope it's not Shannon. I mean I love her and all but when she starts her jam session I don't get a moment of peace.

I walk up the stairs to the source of the music. I was surprised to find it coming from my room. Usually Shannon uses the stuff Carly left. I open the already slightly open door and peek in. My heart falls as I see Joetta crying face down into a pillow.

I take a deep breath and walk over to my sister. Dropping my bag by my feet I sit down next to the crying girl. She tensed but didn't move. usually in a situation like this I would be face down on a pillow not where I am now. It's time to use my personal knowledge to protect my little sister from the scary world while her brother is away. Joetta moves so her left cheek is laid on the pillow so she can breathe properly.

"Love?" I mumble playing with her hair. "Can you sit up?"

Joetta sniffs wiping her nose but doesn't move. Her tears have smudged her make up. I sigh moving her hair covering her cheek behind her ear. I let the music play for a couple of minutes waiting for Joetta to talk. I don't want to force her to say anything.