13. Fresh Start

Amethyst's Prov

Luke and I are Skyping since he's bored and well I didn't have any other plans. Luke is currently spamming my phone with selfies he took while he was drunk the other night. He's a cute drunk. I mean if you don't think that then wow. I mean I won't bother with stupidity but still.

"Luke stop bombing my phone with your selfies," I whine flipping through his pictures.

"But I'm cute," I look up to see Luke pouting.

"You're so conceited I swear I might as well get you a room full of mirrors for your birthday," I say and he perks up.

"You'd do that?"

"Please tell me you're joking," I plead making him chuckle.

"I am don't worry," he assures making me sigh in relief.

Before I can say anything else the door to his hotel room opens. An Ashton I haven't seen in awhile walks into the room. He's holding a beer bottle and wearing too many bracelets. His hair is pushed out of his face with an old bandanna I swear I've seen before.

Luke does something to the screen before turning to Ashton. Should I talk? I'm scared. I don't know that boy with the beer in his hand. Luke types something into his phone and I'm left wondering what to do.

"Ashton, are you okay?" Luke asks as Ashton plops down on the hotel bed.

"Does it look like I'm fucking okay?" Ashton exclaims taking a swig of beer.

"What bottle number is that?" Luke asks just as my phone goes off.

I look at my phone but still listen into the conversation.

From: Lucifer}
I turned the volume off. The tab isn't able to be seen BTW. You might want to hear this.

"I don't know five maybe," Ashton shrugs making me look up.

That's a lot. It's only around five o'clock. I haven't even had my night time tea.

"Ash, this isn't good for you," Luke states awkwardly spinning on the computer chair.

"Oh really?" Ashton asks sarcastically.

"Yes Ashton," Luke says sounding very serious, "You need to talk to someone about this."

"The only person that would actually help me is Amethyst," Ashton states making me listen closer, "And I screwed that up. I shouldn't of called her a mistake. I wanted to kiss her. Then when I did Bryana popped in my head. Well you know the rest because you're her new best fucking friend now."

"Ashton don't get like that," Luke warns.

"Why not?" Ashton asks springing up. "It's true. Ever since she ditched me you've been her best friend. You're like my replacement and it fucking sucks. You guys would come back from the hospital with photos of Amethyst and you while I was stuck crying. If I just went with her that would've been me. And I'm fucking depressed all the time and the person I would've called hates me."

I don't hate you.

"She doesn't hate you," Luke assures reading my mind.

"Just everything I did. I know," Ashton exclaims falling back onto the bed. "I don't have a girlfriend and I don't have Amethyst."

"What would you say to her if you could?"

"Not sorry. That wouldn't help," Ashton mumbles making my mouth twitch up a bit, "Probably that I finally realized that the sweater that was so familiar to me was mine. The locket looks good on her."