forty - two

ALYSSAS POV

>•>•>

after mom and grandma talk, dad talks with her also. i left the room thirty minutes ago, i didn't want to hear what they were talking about. so i started to walk around the hospital 'i wish sammy could comfort me right now' i think to myself 'no! i can't, he fücked up things with me'. sometimes i get mad at myself for falling for such a fuckboy. i should of knew it was too good to be true.

i return to grandma's room a few minutes later. we take pictures, funny ones, serious faces, and happy pictures "can we make a few small video?" grandma says. she slowly sits up and swings her legs to the side of the best but doesn't get out of bed. leaning over to grab her phone. she puts on 'Memories by Elvis Presley' she smiles at me.

when grandma was younger she was an amazing singer. her voice so beautiful, her short wavy brown hair and pale skin that made her hazel eyes stand out. don't get me wrong, my grandma is still beautiful and her voice is still majestic. she leans to grab a picture that was faced down and looks at it as the intro plays. i sit next to her and look at the photo, its my grandpa. they had the realest love i've ever seen, fighting and loving each other was all they did. they were inseparable, so you can guess how badly my grandma took it when he passed away from a heart attack. she starts singing.

"memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine

quiet thought come floating down
and settle softly to the ground
like golden autumn leaves around my feet
i touched them and they burst apart with sweet memories,
sweet memories

of holding hands and red bouquets
and twilight trimmed in purple haze
and laughing eyes and simple ways
and quiet nights and gentle days with you

memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine,
memories, memories

of holding hands and red bouquets
and twilight trimmed in purple haze
and laughing eyes and simple ways
and quiet nights and gentle days with you

memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine,
memories, memories, sweet memories, memories."

i give her a hug, we all miss grandpa but not as much as she does. i really would like to have a relationship like theirs. that's my ultimate life goal. she sung so beautifully, it put tears to my mom eyes. i noticed that my dad was holding her hand, he would never stop caring for her. he knew that deep down inside.

we made more videos of her singing and me joining in. my mon asks me if i can go grab her a cup of iced water, which i do go. but as i close the door i hear her talking "she's really in love with that boy" what? i stay to listen, "it's obvious, i see the way he looked at her. he made her smile a little more and laugh a little harder". i hear my dad sigh, "and i found her journal where she writes her thoughts. it makes me sad sometimes, knowing that she got her heart broken and they were never boyfriend and girlfriend" "well we'll see what happens" grandma says. my eyes water up as i start to walk towards the small waiting room with a little snack bar area.

i grab a cup and put ice in the cup then water. as i make my way back to the room i look at the pictures me and grandma took. wow, it's going to be so different without her around anymore. i walk inside the room, dropping the cup as my breath hitched "sammy".

~*~*~

IM SOOOO SORRY, i had a writers block & i was busy with school😭😭
-Jasmine