Chapter 8- Home.

"Can I bring Monica with me? Please?" detective Jones must've heard the desperation in my voice because he smiled and said yes.

He pulled over on the side of her house and I got out to ring the doorbell.

Maybe she isn't here. She could've gone out.

Then the door opened and Monica poked out her head, just as I was about to leave.

Her hair! She had cut her hair and died it blond at the top. It looked good on her and defined her features so she looked slightly older.

"Eep! Sam I can't believe you're here I thought I wouldn't see you in a long time." she said happily.

"Eep! Monica your hair. It looks so pretty on you. So who's the new look for? Huh?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

"What, no one. I just wanted a new look." she replied, half laughing.

"Mhm. Suuree."

"Stop it. What are you doing here anyways?" we went serious again.

"So, um, actually Jones- I mean detective Jones- he wanted me to, um, come with him I guess, to check my house. And I was wondering if you maybe wanted to come too?"

Monica gave me an incredulous look, as if she couldn't believe I had to ask.

"Of course I'll come, you dum dum. I know you need me to hold your hand when you get scared and sad." she teased.

"Yeah too bad you'll be gone flirting with your Jarred the whole time." I said back smirking.

Monica's eyes widened and she blushed furiously trying to find a comeback.

"H-he's not my Jarred, why would you think that?"

"Please, I'm not blind." I scoffed.

Seeing Monica sputtering I started laughing hysterically.

"Shut up it's not funny." she grumbled but then joined me laughing.

"Alright, let's go."

"Hello again, Monica is it?" Jones asked Monica and she nodded.

"Girls the rest of the crew will be here a little later than us so you can just relax."

"The crew?" I asked curiously.

"Just the people that are working the case with me. Jarred might be there, since he's been helping out a lot."

"What case needs to be solved?"

"We are trying to find..the person -the culprit. The one responsible for this." Jones said hesitantly.

I was confused as to what he was saying.

Didn't Jarred say that there was no survivors? That means that the culprit is also dead. Right?

I voiced my thoughts to him.

"No. He or she is still out there, free. We have a criminal on the loose."

The thought of that assassin still being out in the world made anger bubble up inside me.

He deserved to die in jail and rot in hell. I hated that person with a passion that I couldn't even begin to describe.

He killed innocent people. He killed my parents. My whole life changed for the worse no thanks to him. Or her.

"So what are we going to do? We have to find him or her." I said with conviction.

Honestly, I wanted to cry. Why would someone do that? This world was so messed up.

"We? Leave it to us, we can handle it."

"Can you, detective Jones? Can you really? I might not be trained for this kind of things, but I know my parents more than you. I have to find the stupid person, you only do it because it's your job but I..it's my parents and.."

A tear rolled down my cheek, and I took a deep breath, hoping to calm down.

"I can't explain it. I just have to be a part of this." I finished lamely.

Jones seemed to understand me and nodded.

"You're right. I shouldn't have tried to stop you, I understand now."

Monica leaned over and gave me a comforting hug.

"I will be a part this too. My best friend won't be alone in this, she never will be alone in her whole life. I'll always be with you Sam." she directed that last part to me.

I smiled gratefully at her and tried to keep more sobs in.

I hadn't lost all my family, Monica would always be there for me and I loved her for it. I was glad I hadn't lost her through this mess of my life.

We got out of the car and Jones opened the door to my house.

Memories rushed to my head at seeing my home.

The three of us watching movies in the living room, my dad telling me princess stories so I could go to sleep, their delicious cooking, and a lot more happier times.

"Are you ok?" Monica asked me, her voice full of concern.

I cleared my throat."yeah I'm fine."

We waited for the rest of the team to show up before starting hunting for clues around the house.

Jones, Monica, Jarred, and me were a team searching one side of the house. And the other people in the other side of the house.

We searched the bedrooms, but I wouldn't let anyone else except Monica help me looked in my room. Let's just say I had some.. private..things in my room.

Nothing with Disney princesses or anything like that of course. Just some regular teenage posters around the room, and everying else a normal person would have.

"You know us professionals already saw your 'Little mermaid' pillow case right, Along with the 'smurfs' bed cover. Not to mention the 'shrek' posters along with-"

I cut of Jones with a small shriek but it was too late. He already said enough to make Jarred cackle like a maniac and snort like a pig.

And let me say that he did not have a very attractive laugh. But who am I to judge when I laugh like a hyena giving birth to a whale.

I scowled at them and slammed the door in their faces.

Obviously there was nothing suspicious in my room, if you overlooked my poster with unicorns shooting rainbows out of their horns on a cloud made of cootton candy.

It wasn't my fault I used to live in a dream. That was now turned nightmarish.

Going into my parents' room, being my clumsy self I tripped over a loose floorboard and slammed into the doorframe.

Only instead of a muffled thump, there was an echoing clang. We all froze at the sound and I leaned away from the doorway, surprised.

Detective Jones spoke first saying what we were all thinking.

"Guys I think we may have found clue number one."

§§§§§§§§§§

Hello again fellow readers.

To the top, or side, is what I imagine Monica looks like. Isn't she soo pretty? I think she's pretty.

I wanted to make this chapter serious and to have a look at Sam's past life, which shows her weirdness, and I laughed a little while writing this, hopefully you did too.

Well good day to you, thank you all and good bye.