Chapter 3- Roomate

Miss. Little led the way through a small hallway until we got to a room crammed with papers.

In the back of the room was a desk with a slightly older woman Sitting behind it.

Miss Little cleared her throat to make our presence known to the woman. She looked up and adjusted her glasses.

"I believe this is Samantha Gomez, our most recent arrival?" the lady asked.

Miss. Little nodded. "Yes I thought to show her around a bit. Have you found a possible room for her?"

The lady behind the desk (who I still didn't know her name), said that yes, but I would have to share it with someone else.

After some more talking we left the room.

"That was the principal, Mrs. Carter. she didn't introduce herself because she's been very busy lately, but enough of that.
Let me show you the basic places here."

She showed me the cafeteria, library, and the hall where the bedrooms were at. At a certain door miss.Little knocked before entering.

A little girl was sitting on a bed with plain covers. Actually the whole room was pretty much empty.

There were two beds, one bedside table, and a closet. Other than a few personal belongings of the girl scattered around, that was it.

Miss.Little motioned to me. "Deyko, this is Samantha, she will be your new roomate if you don't mind."

The girl, Deyko, shook her head and smiled at me.

"Samantha this is Deyko, you two will be sharing a room until we can make other arrangements."

I looked at her and said hi. She looked down shyly. She was around seven years old and so cute, with dark short hair. if I was an old lady I would definetely pinch her cheeks.

Ew, now I'm turning into those old ladies. And I'm not even old yet.

Those little kids better watch out. If I'm like this now, imagine later on. They're gonna be screaming for someone to help them get rid of their cuteness.

It's a shame really, I was kind of looking forward to being one of those cool grandparents.

Please, with your weirdness you'll never be cool.

Whatever, it's my weirdness that makes me cool, sort of.

Keep telling yourself that.

I will. I am actually doing it right now. Heck what is wrong with me? Talking to myself? Or should I say thinking to myself, huh?

Shut up, weirdo.

Miss.Little's voice snapped back to reality, thank God.

"I'll go get your stuff, in the meantime why don't you and Deyko get to know each other a little?" she left when we nodded.

I decided to start the conversation since Deyko seemed shy. "So, what's your name? Wait, no sorry that's a stupid question."

She surprised me by giggling. Darn she was adorable, especially when she laughed.

"So how old are you?"

"I just turned seven. How old are you?"

Aha, So I was right she was seven.

"I'm 15 years young."

She giggled again. That's it I was gonna make her laugh so much until she broke out of her shell.