Chapter 13- Rosary part 1

We were almost there when a thought suddenly crossed my mind.

"What if my family is there? My grandma, grandpa, and aunt. Could they be here?" I asked no one in particular.

"Don't worry Sam. Do they have a passport?" Mrs. Chavez asked.

I tilted my head to the side, thinking. "No, I don't think so. I don't know." I sighed.

Monica sent me a supportive smile. "Everything will be fine. Remember I'm always there for you. No matter what."

"Thanks. And I'm here for you too." I leaned over and hugged her.

"Ok...Sam you're- you're choking me."

I let her go. "Oops. Sorry, I'm just really in need of a hug right now."

"It's fine. I get you, life is hard for you right now and I know you're handling this extremely good."

"Wait, oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I'm being selfish and dumping all my problems on you, even though you're going through a tough time too." I was being inconsiderate of her pain. Of both Monica and her mom's pain.

Monica shrugged. "It's alright. What you're going through is way harder and painful, I would be-"

"No it's not alright." I cut her off. "I'm taking you two for granted, and it's not right. I used to take my parents for granted and look where I'm at."

"Sam, everyone takes family for granted, wether they want or intend to, or not." Mrs. Chavez said.

"Well yeah, I know but someday we're going to go our own ways and I don't want to be useless. I take you for granted because I need you but if one day you all aren't there for me I'll be a mess." I explained.

Monica punched me in the arm. "Don't say that! I just told you I'll always be there for you and here you are talking about 'going our own ways'. What the heck!"

"Ow! And yes, I mean look at my parents, mom used to say she'll always be there to protect me and now I'm at her rosary."

"That doesn't mean that you should push us away. The reason I let you talk to me about your problems is because I don't want us to drift apart."

"We won't, I promise. I can't bear to lose you."

Monica sighed. "That's not what you were saying just moments ago."

"I...I'm sorry, I shouldn't have implied that." I realized that I was hurting her by making it sound like she wasn't a big part of my life. "We've gone through so much together and it's impossible for us to grow apart. You mean a lot to me, Monica. And you too Mrs. Chavez, I don't know where I would be without you."

"Well you certainly wouldn't be here because I'm your ride. Now come on, people are waiting for us."

We stepped out of the car and I hooked arms with Monica all the way to the door. There a man greeted us and led us inside.

"Hello I'm Ethan, if you have any questions I will gladly answer them. This is where your presentation will take place, if it does not suit your needs then I'm sure we can find another one." the man said.

"This is perfect." I let my eyes wander around, taking in every detail.

My parents would love it: the walls were a golden honey color, with one dark red stripe in each side. In the corner there was a projector screen thingie and a stand for giving speeches.

The seats were a dark mahogany cushioned with a maroon color that matched the walls. White flowers were lined up across the walls, all leading up to the front of the room.