Chapter 18- Too Many Questions

I woke up to pain. In my face. By a certain someone. Last night we had fallen asleep in the same bed and apparently Deyko had flung her arm in her sleep and hit me in the face.

I groaned and flipped her arm to her belly. I was in a really uncomfortable position and had a crick in my neck. Great now I was going to have to walk around with my head tilted the whole day.

I sat up and checked the time, then remembered that it was Sunday and I didn't have to worry about getting up early. So yay I didn't have school, but I had homework to do due tomorrow.

Well, it's just an essay I can do it before I go to sleep.

And if I didn't remember I could just do it in the morning or during lunch. The life of a procrastinator.

I got my book and lay down on the floor to read. I was still tired but now that I'd gotten up I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

I lay there for about half an hour and then my stomach started growling. But I was too lazy to get up. But I was hungry.

I got up and headed to the cafeteria to see it empty except for one lunch lady. Seeing as she was the only person around I approached her.

"Hi, um I was wondering if you had any breakfast?" I asked timidly.

The lunch lady held up a finger and went to the back to check. She returned with a muffin in her hand.

"We have this." she held it out to me. I smiled and thanked her and took the muffin, skipping back.

Deyko was still asleep when I entered the room and I didn't want to disturb her so I spread out on her bed instead to continue my reading while eating.

Gosh I love Rick Riordan and his books. Greek mythology is the BEST.

I read for a while and then heard Deyko stir. Turning to see her sure enough she was sitting up and rubbing her neck.

"Good morning sleepyhead." I called out to her but I didn't think she heard me or was paying attention to me.

"You were supposed to be my pillow so I could be more comfortable." she grumbled.

"I don't recall agreeing to that." I quirked an eyebrow and smiled. "You hungry? They have muffins in the cafeteria."

That got Deyko's attention. "Muffins? The cafeteria never gives us muffins for breakfast. What type of muffins are they?"

"They have chocolate chips melted in them."

"I want one let's go!" we hurried to the cafeteria to get some more muffins but turns out they ran out. Apparently muffins were what the lunch ladies were having for breakfast and since I woke up early enough I managed to get one.

"No fair." Deyko pouted. "I wanted muffins too. How come they have good food and we get the yucky food?"

"That is a good question that I do not have an answer to. Other than they're selfish and wanted good food." But honestly, if I were in the lunch ladies' position I would be exactly like that.

*~*

A week passed with nothing special or interesting going on. I spent all my time outside of class just laying in my bed and staring at the ceiling. I could be interacting with the humans, but like the antisocial human I was I decided not to.

I was concentrating on the cracks in the wall, trying to decide whether it was indeed cracks or a spiderweb. Then a knock sounded at the door.

"Come in!" Miss. Little poked her head in and leaned against the doorframe.