Chapter 15- Adoption?

I was laying down in bed, Nugget next to me, reading 'The Scorch Trials' and having a moment of peace.

The Halloween party started in an hour so Deyko was in Makaela's room getting ready. I didn't have any hair styling items or anything so Deyko went to Makaela's room instead.

Last week had been the rosary and Monica and Mrs. Chavez were in Mexico, getting ready to come back.

My parents' funeral had been two days back, and I had yet to hear from them. I wondered how it went, hopefully good.

I wondered if my grandparents had gone too. I was pretty sure they would be over the little grudge they held against my dad.

Time went by fast when I was reading and soon enough I could vaguely hear music blasting from the gym.

Looking at the clock, I realized I still had some time to prepare myself if I wanted to go. But I didn't.

Instead, I sighed and got a Skittles bag from under the mattress. That was like my hiding spot for food and snacks.

I munched on them and flopped face first on my bed, groaning, just because I felt like it.

I snuggled deep into the covers and closed my eyes to rest them for a bit.

Apparently I fell asleep because next thing I knew, a knock on the door woke me up.

"Come in" I said groggily, thinking it was Deyko. I was wrong.

"I see you're busy being lazy, I'll come back later. Hopefully by then you'll be more...aware." a snobby voice said.

I shrugged. Whatever, I didn't feel like seeing her face right now, I was having a peaceful slumber.

I turned and slept again, reaching to pat the empty space where Nugget used to be.

She must've gotten off to do who knows what around the room. Oh well as long as she didn't do her business in here, I would keep on doing my own thing.

And my best thing to do is sleep...and eat... But I'll stick to sleeping.

And the bed was so comfortable right now. I immediately fell asleep once more.

And again my beautiful sleep was interrupted by a girly shriek this time.

"AAHHH! What the heck?!?" Mackenzie threw her hands up in the air and glared at me.

"What's wrong, did something happen?" I asked, fully awake.

"You!" she pointed an angry finger at me. "You did this didn't you?"

That's when I saw that in the doorway was dog poop. And Mackenzie had stepped on it. And she was wearing sandals so half her foot was covered in it.

"I didn't do anything, how was I supposed to know that this would happen?" I defended myself.

Mackenzie stopped what she doing and looked up at me with an evil glint in her eye.

"So then if you didn't do this on purpose...you're hiding an animal in here." she started hopping around on one foot, searching for Nugget.

When Mackenzie reached the bed, Nugget darted out, probably thinking it was me and knowing that she did wrong. She wasn't supposed to do her business inside.

"I was right!" Mackenzie looked up in triumph. "And you can't have animals in here, so you're coming with me to Mrs. Carter's office."

She took off her sandals, wiped her foot on my bed sheets- I would have to clean them later- and dragged me out.