Chapter 13

I wake up,with a slight headache.Never been a bitch to hangovers.I get up carefully not waking up Juliet,I go to the bathroom to use the rest room and to take my pain pills.I feel a knot in my stomach,weird.I left the bathroom to the kitchen to eat something before the kids get up so I can take a shower after.As I finished eating the thought of blood and gore popped into my mind.Fuck,now I know what the knot in my stomach means...I haven't killed for over 4 weeks.Longest time I haven't killed,ever.I'm not going to kill,I can't now that Kohitsuji older and I have Juliet I can't risk it,not yet.When I have a moment to kill without anything against me,I will.
Today,I might bring Kohitsuji to the jail and let her meet her grandpa.He has life in prison so this will be the only time she could meet him in her younger years.I put the dishes in the sink,I grab clothes and take a shower.After I got dressed,the 2 kids woke up walking together into the kitchen."What is for breakfast daddy?"I hear Kohitsuji in a tired voice.Andy rubbing his eyes,sat at the table next to Kohitsuji."How about cereal?"I ask with a smile."Yes!"They both yell,before I put a finger over my lips."Shh..Andy's mom is still asleep."I say getting bowls down and I pour cereal when I see Juliet walk into the kitchen wearing my t shirt and her underwear.
"Good morning Juliet,I plan to take Kohitsuji to meet my father,he's in jail..."I say handing the kids their cereal.Juliet smiles slightly,"Okay,That's really sweet to do.Even if he's in jail,he might want to meet his first grandchild."She's says fixing coffee for herself.I nod,she's right."I would also love that you 2 meet him."I say to Juliet.She smiles and kisses my cheek sitting down at the table with the kids,I sit down next to her.
Kohitsuji and Andy ate their cereal and played a bit."Kohitsuji,today you,Andy,and Juliet get to meet my dad."I say with a smile."I have a pawpaw?"Kohitsuji asked tilting her head."Yes,he's just in jail."I say with a sigh Andy looks at Juliet."Are you dating Danny?"He asked as he pulled his knees into the chair.We nod,looking at each other.

About 20 minutes later we got to the prison,going in holding Kohitsuji's and Juliet's hand.Andy holding Juliet's other hand.We kind of looked like a family.We got to talk to him in person with cops at every corner of the room.He sat down,he smiled at me."Hey Danny.""Hey...I brought my daughter to come meet you,along with my girlfriend and her son."I say with a smile as I put my arm around Juliet's waist."Hi!"Andy and Kohitsuji said smiling.My father sat on the ground to get to their level."Shes a lot like you Danny,Andy is a lot like his mother I bet.Always kind,and happy right?"He always can tell people what they are like,or by the way they look or act."Yeah,I raised him myself.Since my ex-husband cheated on me.""Oh,thats sad to hear."He says standing up."If theres one thing I know Danny will be like is that hes loyal and protective,we wouldn't let you,his daughter,and your son get hurt of let someone take him or you guys away."My father says smiling.He went over to me,with the same smile."I know this because hes a lot like me,he even has my eyes.""I wouldn't let anyone hurt my family,I will protect them until my last breath."I say my eyes turning green.Someone has already hurt me,and my baby girl,they're dead now.Maybe I'm a lot like my father after all.I would kill for my family.

"Now whos this little lady?"My father asks sitting in his chair looking at Kohitsuji."I'm Kohitsuji!"She yelled giggling.He chuckled,"You look like a princess,a beautiful one at that."He says with a smile.Kohitsuji giggled again,"Thank you,pawpaw."He smiled."Now whos this little man?""I'm Andy."He said with a smile."What a strong man you are Andy."Andy laughed.Both Andy and Kohitsuji hugged my father,he rubbed their back as the police in the room watched."Danny I'm going to take the kids to the diner down the street.They are getting hungry."I nod and kissed Juliet as she took the kids and left the prison."Danny,you need to stop.You have a family,I don't want you to loose them,or they loose you.Just protect them,and protect yourself."He said the smile gone,my smile faded also."I will,I am trying.I swear."He nods,the police take him out of the room,so I leave to the diner.

I don't want to stop....But I have to to keep them safe.