Chapter 2:Death

Brooke's POV

It's been two weeks since anyone has seen Misty.I was really worried along with all my siblings and friends.

Today is Percy's and MJ's birthday and mine and Will's one week anniversary of being together.

Yeah you heard me right.Me and Will have been dating for a week now.

Today everyone is gonna try to not think about Misty or mention about her since today's Percy's special day that comes once every year.

I was sitting on my bed looking at the necklace that me,Misty,and Percy all have.

Apparently our dad Poseidon gave it to us when we were 5.It was a golden crescent moon with blue stones on it.I loved it but I love the one that Misty bought me on our 10th birthday more.

It was a blue jewel,shaped as a shark's tooth that glowed in the dark.Back then I really wanted it and Misty bought it for me even though I didn't pay much attention to her.I was so focused on the family that adopted us that I forgot I had a twin sister.

I was so in deep thought that I didn't notice Annabeth standing in front of me calling my name.

"Brooke.Hello?Earth to Brooke"she said waving her hand in front of my face.

I jumped a little and asked the smartest response I could think of.

"What?"

Annabeth chuckled but then noticed my sad expression"Hey are you ok?"Annabeth asked concerned sitting next to me.

"Umm..yeah.I'm fine.So what do you need?"I asked Anna looking at her.

Anna is what I call Annabeth since last week.Many things have changed for the past two week and they're not that good.Well some of the things were good like me and Will getting together.

"Is it about Misty?"Anna asked.

I sighed and looked at the shark-shaped tooth that Misty gave me again and replied.

"It would be a lie if I said that it wasn't.And I know for a fact that Misty will be angry at me if I lied and spent all day mourning about her and her disappearance again.Even on the day of our brother's and sister's birthday"

"Yeah.We have to keep our spirits up only for today.After today we can start searching for Misty again.Even though I don't know that much about Misty one thing I do know is that she won't give up.If she's in danger then she won't stop fighting"Anna said grabbing my hand and squeezing it reassuringly.

"I know but.....it's just that.....I don't know.I really want my twin sister back.I don't want to lose her like I lost Dylan,MJ,Percy, and...Amber.Like I said about a month ago.It feels weird not being with my twin sister"I said as I felt tears form in my eyes.

"Brooke you're a strong girl.You can't cry now when there's a possibility that Misty's still alive and healthy.Listen if you spend today only focusing on the good side I promise that we'll make the search party larger"Anna said squeezing my hand again.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"So what do you need?"I asked Anna looking at her again.

"Oh.I came here to tell you that Will is looking for you"she answered.

"Ok.Tell him I'll be there in a minute.I need to change cause does this look like a party outfit"I asked gesturing to my clothes.

I was wearing a pair of blue sweats that had a green trident on the side with a grey shirt that said "Pink" in blue letters.