Chapter 9: Susie

Misty's POV

Ugh I really hate working for Hades.I thought as I told all the dead maids what to do to get Nico's, oh sorry I meant the prince's, birthday party ready.

"Susie I need you to clean that piano.And you know what will happen if that piano isn't spot clean when Lord Hades comes"I told one of the maids.

"Yes, Daisy"she said bowing.

I sighed and stopped her.

"Susie stop treating me like I'm royalty"I said with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry Daisy.It's just that.....I'm so proud of you"Susie said smiling.

Susie is a middle-aged women who died out of cancer in the late 90's. She left behind a husband, 3 wonderful children, and 2 amazing grand-children.When I showed up, she immediately took  me in and started to treat me like I was one her own children.

"Proud of me?What are you talking about?"I asked.

"Oh.Oh no I should've not said a word.It'll ruin the surprise"Susie said as she walked right past me and made her way towards the exit.

"Susie wait!"I said going after her.I stopped in front of her but she went through me.

Right.She's a ghost while I'm human.I can't hurt her but she can hurt me.

She stopped dead in her tracks as I shivered from the coldness that went straight though my bones.

"Oh I'm so sorry Daisy"Susie said walking up to me.

"It's fine"I said shivering one last time to let the feeling of somebody walking right through me,off my shoulders.

"But please tell me.What are you hiding from me?"I said doing my puppy dog eyes and letting a single tear roll down my face.

Susie tried to look away but my face was so cute to her that she couldn't.

"Fine"she said giving in.I smiled at my victory but what she told me turned my smile upside down.

"You didn't hear it from me but there have been rumors that Alex is gonna propose to you on the prince's birthday"Susie said whispering to me as she was trying to contain her squeal of excitement.

"P-Propose?"I asked flabbergasted.

Susie smiled widely and nodded her head quickly.

"I'm so proud of you.My sweet little angel is gonna be the queen of the Underworld"Susie said wrapping an arm over my shoulder.

"N-No I'm not"I said getting out of her grasp.

Susie looked confused but she then realized something.

"Oh right.Hades controls the underworld but according to thee.The son that marries first will be king"she said smiling again.

I shook my head in disbelief.

No.I can't marry Alex.Not when I finally met Nico and I'm trying to be friends with him again,if we were ever friends.Marrying Alex will ruin my plan to be friends with Nico.

I can't believe I'm doing this but I have to tell him.And in the meantime,I have to choose who do I really love the most: my first crush or my boyfriend that I've been with for about 3 years.

This is gonna be hard.

"I'm sorry Susie but I have to go.Can you please be in charge.Thanks bye"I said walking out without giving her a chance to respond.

Maybe Amber's right.I don't love Alex.I still have feelings for Nico.Ugh why are feelings so confusing.

I didn't know where I was going exactly but I guess I went to the wrong place at the wrong time.

I was heading towards Elysium when suddenly I felt the ground shake and the floor below me disappeared.All I felt was a gust of wind as I was falling towards my death.