CHAPTER 6: LAST KISS

As the days went on, Taylor and Ed spent more and more time together. In fact, on their week off, Taylor brought Ed to her house in Tennessee so they could just hang out.

They sat in Taylor's room on her bed. Taylor's phone beeps.

"Uggghh."

"What's up?" Ed asked.

"It's Harry. He won't stop texting and calling me."

"Maybe he really wants to try this again. You guys' relationship, I mean."

"Yea, but the thing is I don't!"

"Why not?"

"I don't know. I just don't have feelings for him anymore. I spent the last eight months getting over him, he cant just try to walk back into my life like that."

"Well, maybe you should just give him another chance. He obviously wants you back. Bad."

"I'll think about it."

"So, wanna listen to some music?"

"Well, what do have in mind?" Ed walked over to Taylor's cd case and flipped through her many records.

"How about this?" He held up her Speak Now cd.

"Really, Ed? Pick another one." she giggled.

"Why, this is one of my favourites."

"Alright" she breathed. He popped the cd in. Mine began playing. They sang together.

You were in college working part time waiting tables, left a small town, never looked back.

I was a flight risk, with a fear of falling, wondering why we'd bother with love if it never lasts.

I say, "Can you believe it?" as we're lying on the couch.

The moment, I can see it. Yes, yes. I can see it now.

DO YOU REMEMBER WE WERE SITTING THERE BY THE WATER?

YOU PUT YOUR ARM AROUND ME, FOR THE FIRST TIME.

YOU MADE A REBEL OF A CARELESS MAN'S CAREFUL DAUGHTER.

YOU ARE THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER BEEN MINE.

They sang and danced through the cd. They got to one of Ed's favourites, Last Kiss.

"Hey, wanna dance?"

"Taylor. You know I can't dance."

"Come on." she pulled him up off her bed. She stood in front of him and put her arm around his neck. He hesitated, but put his arm around her waist.

"Now grab my hand" she said, holding her hand out. He grabbed her hand. She looked up to him.

I still remember the look on your face, lit through the darkness at 1:58.

The words that you whispered, for just us to know. You told me you loved me, so why did you go.....away.

Taylor laughed. They moved side to side to the song.

"Spin me." she said.

"Okai" he said unsure of his self. He began to spin her around by her hand.

Never thought we'd have a Last Kiss.

Never imagined it'd end. Like. This.

Your name forever the name on my lips.

I still remember the swing in your step. Life of the party, you're showing off again and I'd roll my eyes and then you'd pull me in.

Ed sang the next part.

I'm not much for dancing, but for you I did....

Taylor laughed. They kept dancing and spinning and laughing. She put both of her arms around his neck. He put his other hand on her hip.

Your name, forever the name on my lips. Mmmm.

Taylor began singing, her lips brushing against his neck.

So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep.

Ed wrapped his hands around her tighter, feeling along the small of her back. She dug her face into his neck while he pulled her body closer to his. They closed their eyes.

And I'll feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe.

And I'll keep up with our old friends, just to ask them how you are.

I hope its nice where you are.

She stopped singing. They stopped moving. They just stood there in each other's arms, listening the rest of the song.

~TAYLOR'S POINT OF VIEW~

*IN HER THOUGHTS* WOW. I'VE NEVER....FELT LIKE THIS BEFORE, AROUND A GUY, I MEAN. I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS ABOUT ED, BUT HE'S REALLY SPECIAL, AND HE MAKES ME FEEL SPECIAL, TOO. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE'RE DANCING LIKE THIS. ITS LIKE WE'RE IN OUR OWN LITTLE WORLD, JUST THE TWO OF US AND....I LIKE IT.

~END OF POINT OF VIEW~

When it was over, they pulled apart slowly.

"So, um, I guess I gotta go now."

"Oh....you know you can stay here for the night, if you wanna"

"That'd be great!"

"Yay!"

"Um, I dont have any extra clothes sooo"

"Oh, its alright, you can just take a shower in the morning"

"Cool" He hopped into her bed and she turned out the light and lied next to him.

After a while, they found themselves just staring at each other in the darkness. Ed pulled her closer to him and she nuzzled against his chest.

"Night, Ed"

"Night Tay"

______________________________________________________________________________________

so yea.

<313