CHAPTER 21: JUST BE CAREFUL

Me and Ed were sitting on the bed listening to music when my dad came in.

"Hey, breakfast is ready." We both hopped up and went to the kitchen.

"I got here first!"

"Whatever."

"Sit down and eat you guys, we're going out today."

"K." We sat down and started eating.

Caitlin looked at me and her eyes got big.

"Taylor" she whispered.

"Yea?" She started pointing to her neck and I caught on instantly. Grant dropped his fork and leaned in closer to me.

"Taylor, is that a-" I covered his mouth and gave him the shutuprightnowbeforeyoucauseseriousproblems look.

He sat back down and looked at Ed.

"Just friends, huh?" Caitlin burst out laughing and Ed's face turned bright red. I just rolled my eyes and finished eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, can someone help me with the dishes?" my mom asked when everyone was finished eating.

"I gotta take a shower."

"I'm working on my new guitar solo."

"I don't want to." Wow, thanks Grant.

"I will" me and Ed said at the same time.

"It's okay, Ed. I got it."

"No, I'll do it."

"ED. It's fine." he was about to say something else but my mom cut in.

"It's alright Ed. I have to talk to Taylor anyway."

"Alright." he walked back to his room and I began washing dishes with my mom.

"Taylor."

"Yea?"

"What is that on your neck?" I felt my heart beating faster and faster and I covered up the spot with my hair.

"A bruise?"

".....Who gave you a hickey, Taylor?"

"Um....I-I"

"Taylor, who was it?!"

"Okay, it was Ed...."

"Ed Sheeran?"

"Um, yea."

"Taylor, don't do this."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want you to get hurt."

"Ed isn't like Harry or Joe or Jake or John. He's sweet and he's different from everyone else."

"I'm sorry but....you said that last time honey." I feel tears start to fall down my face.

"I'm just saying, when they find out they're gonna talk about you Taylor. They're gonna call you all types of names and it's gonna hurt."

"WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? I DONT CARE ANYMORE! I DID BEFORE BUT NOT NOW! AND I MAY HAVE SAID IT ALL BEFORE BUT THIS TIME ITS REAL!!!! I FEEL IT IN MY GUT. I'VE NEVER DATED ANYONE LIKE ED AND I DONT KNOW IF I LOVE HIM YET....BUT I KNOW THAT WHAT I FEEL FOR HIM IS WAY DIFFERENT THAN ANYTHING I'VE EVER FELT BEFORE. Mom, you've done nothing but support me all these years....Now I finally think I've got it right and you aren't there."

"I'm there, Taylor....just be careful."

I walked out the kitchen and to my room. I really need to lay down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ED'S POINT OF ViEW~

Taylor's been in her room for the past hour or so. I tried to cheer her up but she just wants to be alone. We gotta leave soon so I knock on her door.

"Hey....Taylor we gotta go soon." She opened the door and I saw her eyes were puffy and red.

"You okay?" She just pulled me in her room and closed the door.

"Ed"

"Yea?"

"Do you love me?"

"We gotta go Taylor."

"Ed, please answer my question. I'm not asking you to say yes just...tell me how you feel." Why is she asking me this?

"...I-I don't know yet, Taylor." I said scratching the back of my neck. She'll probably explode and break up with me. Then write about it. I don't mind. If she does, it'll be beautiful and heart-felt.

"Thank you" she said, pulling me into a hug....Not the reaction I expected.

"Why?"

"Cuz honestly, I don't know either. I don't know what love is yet and I hope I figure it out one day....with you." I've felt love once before, but nothing like this. She's special, I can tell. More special than I thought.

"Me too. Now stop being mushy and get ready." She smiled that beautiful smile as she walked to her closet to get ready.....

_____________________________________________________________________________________

<313