Chapter 8:

Recap- His smirk was replaced by an expression I've never seen on his face before...

Daryl was still here when I woke up. A smile came to my face as I got up, taking his vest again, then climbing out of the tree house. The ground came fast than I expected and I fell on my injured ankle.
"Fuck.." I muttered, gritting my teeth together to keep quiet. I heard Daryl rustle above. Quietly, I got up and ran towards the house. Yes I did it! I finally beat Daryl up!! I skipped the rest of the way to the house, which was only about a few meters away. "Mornin' Letty." Rick said. The people of Rick's group were already up, as were a few of Tyreese's. "Where's Daryl?" Carol asked, finally noticing me. "He's still sleeping.. " I heard a chuckle from the group. "What about me still sleeping?" I turned around and found Daryl a few feet behind me. "God damn it!" I shout playfully. My goal has failed.

Rick was planning a run and I was in the group. Along with Glenn, Daryl, Tyreese and Shane. I was the only girl going. Thank god for that! These other girls here annoy me!
"Alright. Take a gun and lets go." I nod and take a colt 45 1911 defender and some bullets. Now I had this gun, my Glock and my crossbow. Perfect! I felt a warm pair of arms wrap around me and pull me back. "Daryl.. Let me go!" I playfully kick. "Never." He said and kissed the top of my head. "Guys!" Glenn raised his voice. I raced to my truck, then fell to the ground on top of Daryl as he pulled me back towards him. "Your not taking the truck. They are." "So then what are we taking?" I asked hum, getting close to his lips. "That." He pointed to a motorcycle. My mouth was gapped open and my eyes were widened.

My arms were wrapped around Daryl's waist. We were on his motorcycle and we were leading the supply-run group. "So..." I thought of how to word my question. "Do you and Carol have a past?" I raised my voice so he could hear me over the engine of the motorcycle. "Kind of! She was in this group when I joined!" He replied, doing the same. "About how long ago was that?!" I asked. "About 3 years ago!" I nod and lay my head against his back. I sat like this for about 20 more minutes before we started slowing down. The sun was almost at its highest peak. The others stopped behind us and got out. Me and Daryl both got off. Daryl pushed him bike to the side of the truck facing the trees. Ahead of us was a small town. "What is this place?" I asked, still looking around. There were no walkers. Like... Not even one! Every was quiet until Daryl grabbed my hand and pulled me forward. "Daryl?"
He ignored me. "Let's go. We have work to do." He pulled out four lists. "Split up. Me and Letty stay together." Three groups. Each group took a list with different items on it from the other lists and headed off. "We have the survival gear." Daryl said and walked down the street. It's like he knew this place. I was carrying a bag full of other bags. "Daryl?" I tried again. He ignored me and carried on. "Daryl!" I spoke with my voice raised. "What Letty!" He turned and faced me, stepping closer. "God damn! If your just going to act like a prick then ill go back!" I said. "I don't see why you don't! I'm just a fucking prick any way!" I glared at him. "Why I don't?! I don't because I love you! And if your j-just gonna treat me like this, I might as well just take my truck and go! I don't deserve this!" He came closer, almost in my face. "Oh, and I deserve it?! Fuck, Letty! We all are in this world together!" I stepped closer so we were chest to chest. "Well why don't you act like it then!" I stormed past him and read the signs of the stores. "I have been acting like it, god damn it!" I stopped and turned. "Yea, to be been acting like no one cares about you! You barely let me get close to you! Why the hell is that!?" He looked past me. "I act like that because that's who I am now!"
My brown eyes were full of anger. "No its not." I push away from him and continue on until I see a sporting goods store. I pulled on the handle of the door and found it was locked. With me right leg I kicked the glass and it broke. I walked in and grabbed the bags out, stuffing them with helpful shit.

Me and Daryl were quiet for the rest of the time. The sun was going down by the time we got to the vehicles. I had to ride with Daryl. The bags every one had were all full and in the back of the truck. I was holding on to Daryl's shoulders instead of his waist and was starring off into the trees. "Letty?" Daryl tried to talk but I ignored him. He sighed in defeat and drove the rest of the way in silence. When we pulled into the drive way of our house, we all had to stop so I could open the gates to the house. I also had to close them. Daryl waited for me but I ignored his offer on the ride back and started walking. "Letty..." I ignored his, putting my hands in my sweatshirt pockets. "God damn it, Letty! Answer me!" I glared and turned around. "Why?! Just so you can tell at me so!e more?! If that's the case, just leave me alone!" I turned and started walking. I heard the gravel rustle around then a 'thud'. Next thing I knew, Daryl had his arm around me and lightly tackled me to the floor.
"No. I will never leave you alone, Letty. It's not me.."