Chapter 13

Recap- That's when I realized what he was trying to do and began to wriggle around, in hope of getting free...

When I was brought back to reality I found myself holding Daryl. His face was full of anger. "Move. Letty." Daryl pushed me away and ran at Jock. If I knew he'd do this then I would have waited til later to tell him my past. I fell to the ground and hit my head on the rock I was messing with a few seconds ago. After hitting the round, I just laid there. Tears blurred my vision. I don't even know why I was crying.
The grunts and moans of pain coming from the guys was the last thing I heard. Then my vision went completely black.

"Letty... Open your eyes Sunshine..." I heard the faint voice of a man. Daryl? I opened my eyes, only to close them again. The light was burning. My throat burned, my body was stiff, and my legs were numb for being still. "D-daryl... W-w-water..." I heard the plastic of a water bottle being squeezed then my head was lifted up. Water poured into my mouth and I swallowed gratefully.
I slowly sat up, my shoulders popping in the motion. "Where's Jock?" Daryl narrowed his eyes at my question. "Why the hell do you care!?" He snapped, standing up next to me. "I care because he's a survivor!" I snap right back, standing up as well only to crash down to the ground. I felt onto the pavement of the road from the tailgate of my truck. "Mother Fucker!" I hissed feeling the pain in my knees. I looked up just in time to see Daryl's the back of his winged vest disappear into the forest. "Letty?" I hear Shane ask. He reached down and picked me up, bridal style, and set back on the tailgate. My legs hung off the edge. "How long have I been out?" I asked. He replied, "five hours maybe?" Five hours? Then why was I so sore?

I stood up from my resting place and continued on. My crossbow was slung across my back, pistol hooked onto my belt along with a flashlight. Where the hell was he?!
"Daryl!" I called. I've been walking for about three hours looking for him! The sun was barely over the peak of the mountains. "What the fuck..." I whispered then added, "Daryl!" I heard the bushes rustle then I froze. Daryl stepped out. "What the hell do you want?" He snapped. I stood there my hand now on my hip. "What the FUCK happened!?"
"You wanna know what happened?!" I nod. "You! That's what fucking happened!" My mouth widened and my hand found its way to my hip.
"I happened to you?" I said fiercely in a hushed tone. Daryl didn't even move. "I fucking happened to you! It was never like that! We happened to each other! Then you go an get mad at me for telling you my fucking past!?" I scoff and turn my back to him, trying to fight the tears of anger. "I didn't want to tell you my past because I knew you would go and get pissed!" I turned back around and he stood there, glaring around at the ground. I shook my head and started walking past him, but stopped right next to him. "I loved you.... A lot. If the group asks, tell them I left." I spit on to the ground, grab his pistol from his belt then walked away from him and into the woods.

Night was falling. Daryl's pistol was on the left side of my belt and my own was on the right. I held my flashlight tightly in my hand as I walked, my crossbow strapped to my back.
I didn't even have my backpack.
I dropped the flashlight and punched the nearest tree. "Mother fucker bitch cock suckin'-" I started cursing my guts out and held my hand. I honestly think its broke! A walker made its way towards me, groaning. Quickly, I took my good hand pulled an arrow from my bow and shoved it into its skull. The bodies fell and dragged me down with it. I sighed and pulled my arrow away, standing up. I gathered my things and continued on my way.

The trees swayed with the gentle breeze. Moonlight shines through the leaves of the trees, lighting my way. Honestly, I have no clue where I was or where I was going. Just as long as I could get away from Daryl and the group. Besides, they'd be better off without me...