Chapter 10:

Recap- "No, dummy! It's a wolf pup..."

Letty

I sat down in my tree house and held the pup close. I found out that the pup was a girl. I named her Clear Water. Don't ask why. It just suited her. Something that's odd about her is her eyes. They change from yellow to blue. "Daryl?" I asked hearing rustling down below. I set Clear Water on my makeshift bed and looked down below only to regret it. I screamed and called for help. Down below was a horde of walkers, surrounding the tree house. Frightened, I took my dagger and began to stab the nearby walkers creating a pile down below. They kept coming! "Daryl! Rick! Shane! Some one! Help!" I screamed my lungs out the window facing the house. I could see their faint figures coming. "Letty!" They were shouting, drawing a few away. "Help!" I screamed, now holding Clear Water. Thoughts ran through my head. If I died, Id still be a virgin.. I've never had sex and I'm 24. That's sad. I'd never see my family again... Daryl... Tears of fear and sadness fell. The tree was shaking. A few branches from the walls of the tree house were falling outwards. "Help!" I cried, fear clear in my voice. "Letty!" I heard the sound of gun shots and stabbing. The shaking wasnt as violent but it was gone. "Daryl! Shane! Rick! Help!" I cried again. "Hold on lil' sister!" Shane hollered. "Shane! Hurry!" I cried, holding a shaking Clear Water. I gathered all my courage and went to the entrance. I began to stab walkers, making the pile bigger. Walkers were now able to climb half way up. "Oh... My... God.." I whispered in fear. In the distance was a group of people, covered in walker blood and guts. They were killing from the back, coming closer and closer. I gulped down the lump in my throat and continued stabbing. The pile was now withing my reach. Carefully I grabbed the body of a walker an pulled it inside, covering the entrance. Looking around, I found the bag full of my share of guns and ammo. I slid across the floor and grabbed a loaded pistol. I walked back to the window and began to shoot the walkers. Bodies fell to the ground, tripping other walkers as they fell. I crawled over to the entrance and shoved the walker down from covering the opening. I began shooting the walkers down below. I could no longer see the orange pine needles or the green grass. It was all an ugly scarlet pool of blood and guts. "Shit.." I reached for a new gun and walked to the window opposite of the house and continued shooting. Walker after walker. Bullet after bullet. Clear Water shook like and earthquake, huddled up in the corner. The people.. They were almost to my tree house. Many dead walkers lay in their trail. I felt a hand grab my foot and shrieked. I turned and aimed my gun at the thing. "Easy!" Shane let go of my ankle and climbed up, followed by Rick, Daryl and Carl. "Dad.. Who are they!?" Carl shouted, gesturing to the people. I looked out the window to find seven survivors. We all climbed down and stopped the strangers. Rick pulled his gun, followed by Shane, Daryl, Carl and Tyreese. "No!" I stood in front of Rick's gun. "Do you know these people?" He asked me, gesturing to them. I nod. "Shane... Dont you remember them?" I asked, trying to keep my voice gentle. "It's Jock, Kane, Sarah, Alec, Melody, Zac and Ebony!" I exclaimed. "Ebony?!" Shane asked, looking past me at a black haired girl. She nods. He immediately dropped his gun and ran over to her while me and Jock shared awkward glances.

Daryl sat next to me while we were by the fire. Jock sat straight across the fire from me. Every time I'd look up, I caught him looking at me, then he'd look away. I sighed and leaned against Daryl. "Is there something wrong, Letty?" I shake my head. "We'll just have to stay in the house tonight. There's too big a problem so I'll fix it tomorrow." I took Daryl's plate and cast one last glance at Jock. He was quietly talking to Alec. "Guys, I've got a lot to do tomorrow so I'm gonna get some shut eye." I look at Daryl and he gets up. "Same here. Good night." We both walk away, fingers entwined. "So..." Daryl started, almost to the house. "What's up with the Jock guy? He kept looking at you." I rubbed my temple. "We... Have a past. I don wanna explain." I sigh and continue on. As we entered the house, I peaked into the living room. I was honestly surprised at what I seen. On the couch was Carl and Heather, eating at each other's faces. I smirked and put out dishes in the kitchen, the lanterns and Candles lit up the house perfectly. Daryl was already upstairs. I was about to leave but jumped and held my heart. Jock was standing in the doorway, hands in his Jean pockets. "What Jock?" I asked, slightly irritated. "Ivy..." I glared. "Don't call me that." He sighed. "Fine. Letty. Listen. I know we've been on bad terms since the forest.." I rubbed my arm. "But that was in the past. I'm different now. Just give me a chance.." He reached for my arm but I pulled away. He pulled his hand back and rubbed the back of his neck. "I did, Jock. And you ruined it in the forest. So if you want my trust, your gonna have to earn it. I'm different. I'm not soft like I was back then." I started walking away but he grabbed my arm. "Let. Me. Go." He didn't move so I ripped my arm from his grasp and walked upstairs. Daryl was waiting for me. His shirt was on the floor. I closed our door and took of his vest, then my sweatshirt. I was left in my maroon tank top. "What took you?" I shrugged. "I didn't know I was being timed..." I smiled and walked over to the bed. "Don't keep me up." Daryl smiled and patted to the spot next him. A smile made its way to my face and I walked over, crawling under. "Goodnight Sunshine." Daryl whispered, kissing the top of my head. "Good night Dare." I whispered and closed my eyes.