Chapter 12

Recap- "No! Stop! It's no use! We have to leave!"

They didn't listen until they seen the stranger running with the corpses following. The man tripped and fell, getting attacked and eaten. "Move!" I shouted and every one stared loading up. I ran inside and grabbed Clear Water and my bag of weapons then I ran back out. Ebony, Daryl, Shane, Heather Kane, Sarah and Alec were in the very back. I got into the driver side and drove off. Carl, Heather, Carol, Rick, Jock, Tyreese and everyone else who wasn't in the back were all piled up in the truck. "Are we all good?" I asked watching the road. "No..." I looked in the rear-view mirror and found Heather holding her arm. "I'm not bit.. Just cut." I look back to the road and speed off. The sun fell behind the mountains behind us and the full moon rose. "Fuck.." I sighed.

"What's going on?" Jock asked. The truck was slowing to a stop. "Fuck!" I shout. There were no vehicles in sight and it was dark. The only light came from the headlights and the moon. I opened the door and got out, leaving Clear Water inside. "Guys.. You need to find some wood near by so we can make a fire. Daryl, tomorrow me and you need to go up the road." I commanded. "Alright guys," I said to the people inside the truck. "We're stuck here for the night. So... A few of you need to help the others find wood for a fire and a few need to help set up a place for every one to sleep." While every one went to work, I took out a notebook from under the eat and tore pages out, putting them in the middle of the road in front of the truck. Pulling out my lighter, I took a cigarette from my pack of cigarettes. It's been a while since I last smoked and sadly, this the last one. "Nope." Daryl snatched it away and put it in his mouth. I glared at him then lit the papers on fire. Carol handed me a few small branches and I placed them on there. "Let there be fire." I said. "Here Letty." I was handed more branches and chunks of bark and wood. "Set them here," I pointed to a spot on the ground and set my arms full down. I walked back to the truck to find Rick still in the truck with Judith. "You comin' out?" I asked him. He looked up at me then back at Judith. "Rick, what's up?" I asked, grabbing my bag and filling it with food for the night. "Nothin'" I raised an eyebrow and sighed. He wasn't going to answer me and I wasn't going to waste my time with him. "Here. Pass these out." I handed my bag to Ebony and she nodded, her black hair pulled into a messy bun. "Letty, can we take a walk?" I turned to find Jock. I glared then turned to walk away. He reached out and grabbed my arm. "What Jock!?" I shouted. People turned and watched us. "We need to talk..." He Said quietly through gritted teeth. "Talk!" I crossed my arms across my chest. "In private.." I shook my head. "Please Letty.." I glared and sighed. "Only if I can bring someone." He sighed then nodded. Shane was starting to get up but I sighed and shook my head. "Daryl?" Daryl looked at Shane then got up and walked over. "Anyone but him.." Jock begged. I shook my head and took out my dagger. "Him or nothing."

We were led into the trees by Jock, who held a flashlight and a hammer. "Daryl.. C-could you please give us a moment?" Jock asked. I shook my head and felt an arm around my waist. "L-letty... About what happened in the forest earlier-" He was cut off by Daryl. "What happened in the woods?" I looked at Jock. "You explain what you did. Start from the very beginning." I told him. He gulped what ever was in his throat down. "A-a few years ago, back before this started me and Letty were friends. I used to call her Ivy because she fell into a poison ivy bush when we were younger..." I started drifting off into a memory. The memory he was going to tell from when we were 18...

"Jock!" An innocent young girl called.

Me...

I stood along the tree line, waiting for jock to come. I watched him get close then I took off running into the woods. I was home alone. My father was on a business trip while my mother... She was probably cheating on dad. She's done it before...

I turned to see how far Jock was but I couldn't find him. Carefully, I slowed to a stop and waited for him.

"Gotcha!" He shouted and playfully tackled me down to the ground.

"Happy birthday Ivy!" I giggled at my childish name. We were both eighteen. But he was older by two months.

"Thanks Jock." I smiled and rolled us over, so I was on top of him. I smirked and waited for his next move.

His brown eyes locked with mine then he flipped us over. We both laughed and then became quiet.

"You know what Ivy?" I raised an eyebrow and waited for him to finish. "I've had a crush on you for about a good year now.."

His words shocked me. "Really?" He nodded. I felt my face become warm then I spoke. "Me too.." I whispered, looking away.

I felt him move my hands above my head then I felt his hand under my shirt...

"J-jock...what a-are you doing?!" I almost shouted.

"What I should've done a while ago..." Before I knew it, his lips were on mine and he was unbuttoning my jeans.

I couldn't push him off because he had my hands pinned above my head and I was frozen with fear. He slid my jeans down, leaving me in my spandex.

That's when I realized what he was trying to do and began to wriggle around, in hope of getting free...