Chapter 12 <3

Taylors P.O.V

When I woke up in the morning, Drew's warm hand was still holding mine and it brought a smile to my face. Yawning and slowly sitting up, I took in my surroundings. I knew from the small ache in my back that I had definitely not slept in my bed last night.

Eh, four more days of no lovely cushions and mattress.. damn it! Sighing, I slowly pulled my hand out of Drew's and tip toed to my bags. Our tent was quite a large one, tall enough so I didn't have to bend over while standing. It was big enough to have all our clothes and belongings in here too.

Quickly slipping out of my clothes and throwing on some nice fresh ones before Drew woke up. How embarrassing would it be if he woke up while I was putting on new underwear! Or worse, my bra!

I hurried, after thinking that and once I was done I grabbed my toothbrush and tooth paste and headed out side.

Sitting in the middle of the meadow beside our toilet tent, I brushed my teeth and watched the sun finish rising. Rinsing out my mouth one last time, I sighed and stared up into the sky.

I wonder what Drew really thought of me, I thought as I hugged my knees to my chest. Did he think of me as a pretty girl? Or a beautiful girl that'd he'd want to date?

After yesterday in my house, he'd sent my mind spinning with thoughts and then last night in the tent, I nearly threw up cause I felt so sick. Sick of not knowing, sick of wondering and just sick of being scared.. that I was the only one with feelings in this 'relationship/friendship' thing we had going on.

Finally getting up off the floor, I placed the rinsing cup on our camping table and silently snuck back into the tent. Drew was still sleeping happily and it brought a smiled to my face. Putting away my toothbrush, I snuck over to Drew and sat besides him.

I looked down at him, some of my hair falling into my face, wanting to get it out of my view I threw it up into a messy bun before continuing my 'checking out my best friend' mission.

After staring at his face for over 20 minutes, I saw that is hand was still in the same position it was when I took my hand out of his. Slowly I slipped my hand into his, and smiled to myself.

I gasped, in shock when I felt Drew squeeze my hand, staring at our intertwined hands, wide eyed. I quickly swallowed the lump in my throat, slowly and gently I squeezed back. To show him how much I cared.

Drew's P.O.V

I woke up by feeling a light pressure on my hand. Thinking that I was probably just because I was sleeping on it and it was about to go numb. I kept my eyes shut, trying to hang on to my sleep and good dreams. I tried pulling my hand towards me.

A startled gasp, alerted me. My eyes sprung open, just as Taylor's body landed onto my chest. Groaning in pain I tried to lift her up off of me, but she continued to fumble around trying to get off of me herself.

Finally she managed to pull herself up and she sat beside me look flustered and embarrassed.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay Drew? I didn't squish you did I?" She asked worriedly, panic clearly shown in her eyes.

I moaned, and rubbed my chest "Maybe you should lay off on the chocolate cakes Taylor, it's starting to show"

I watch as her face went red then she huffed in annoyance, "Yeah? Well maybe someone shouldn't hold onto my hand while they're asleep. You big baby!" She yelled at me,

I laughed and winked at her, "I was only joking Taylor… and besides… You look like you've been up for a while, you could have let go of my hand" I teased her,