Chapter 71

At around 2am the doctor finally came out.
All of the guys got up at once.
"Who is mr Rivera?" The doctor asked and Brent stepped forward.
"That's me how is my sister? How's my girlfriend Andrea?" Brent asked.
"Andreas ribs are healing she'll be able to recover in a few weeks and wake up in no time.....miss Rivera on the other hand has a few changes" the doctor said.
They all looked at each other worried.
"What kind of changes?" Crawford asked. "Miss Rivera won't remember anything from about....10 months ago" the doctor said.
"Wait what?" Crawford said.
I met her when?.....crap 9 1/2months ago Crawford thought.
He started to cry.
"Is there something we can do to help her remember?" Chris asked.
"Not much you guys will just need to be with her at all times she'll remember everything slowly on her own hopefully and if not then it's a new beginning for her she was hit really really hard" the doctor said.
Brent nodded and went to go sign some papers with the doctor.
Crawford couldn't stop worrying about Jasmine.
She won't remember me he kept thinking. Cameron walked up to him.
"Dude you ok? Look she'll remember and if she doesn't you can just start over with her" Cameron said trying to calm him down.
"Easy for you to say what if this time she doesn't have feelings for me?" Crawford said. "Look as much as I hate to say this you and Jasmine had a strong connection that not even I could take away. She may have lost her memory now but I know for sure she'll fall right back in love with you" Cameron said. Crawford thanked him.
"Hey bro she's gonna be ok? We'll all help her out maybe she can remember" Chris said hugging Crawford.
"Let's go check on Andrea she's already awake" Cameron said.
Chris asked Crawford if he wanted to come but he said he wanted to stay back and wait to hear if he could at least see Jasmine.
Chris nodded and went to Andreas room with Cameron.
Brent came back over to Crawford and sat down in the chair next to him.
"Do you think she'll remember?" Crawford asked Brent.
"I don't know.....the doctor said we'd be really lucky if she did but he said it was more likely we'd have to begin again with her" Brent said crying.
"Why.....I wish I had told her my feelings sooner then I wouldn't have met Ana and none of this would have happened" Crawford said crying.
"Crawford it's not your fault. She probably won't even remember that stuff anymore. She won't remember Ana or when we went to Digitour and she dated Cameron or when she broke up with him....she won't remember our fathers death or the funeral" Brent said sobbing.
Crawford looked over at him and felt bad.
He had totally forgotten about that.
Jasmine would need to feel all that pain over again.
At least this time Ana wouldn't be there to make everything a big mess.
"We'll help you tell her she has to find out eventually. We'll help her get through that pain again" Crawford said.
"How are we gonna do that? She was the one who had watched him die before" Brent said. "What did you guys do before he died?" Crawford asked.
Brent wiped his eyes and smiled a little.
"We played the piano and sang Fix You by Coldplay to him" Brent said.
"We can do that when it comes to the time when we have to tell her about your fathers death" Crawford said.
Brent nodded.
The doctor came over and told them they could go see Jasmine but that she still wasn't awake so not a lot would happen.
Brent thanked him and went into Jasmine's hospital room with Crawford.
Jasmine was on the bed laying there motionless.
Crawford sat next to her bed and held her hand.
Brent sat at the other side and held her other hand.
"She's not gonna remember me" Crawford said quietly.
Brent looked at him sadly.
"I'm sorry she got hit hard I know this is going to be difficult for all of us especially me since I have to tell her about....you know" Brent said. "Maybe we should talk to her and she'll wake up" Crawford said trying to cheer up.
"I'll go first.....hey Jas I really miss you. I miss telling you how to do things cause you always do everything wrong haha....I miss playing piano with you. I miss eating pizza so many times and making videos with you where we could be ourselves and I wouldn't care what anyone thought because I was just happy to have all those memories of us spending time together" Brent said starting to cry.
Crawford felt bad he couldn't imagine how Brent must feel especially after losing so many family members.
"Your turn" Brent said.
"Um ok......hey beautiful....I know you're probably not gonna remember me and I guess I'm ok with that....I will always love you though that will never stop. I hope that when you wake up you can slowly remember all of us and what happened......but then again I don't want to put you through that pain again but that's just it.....life is full of painful memories because they're things that teach us to keep moving on in life and to be strong. Jasmine please wake up I don't care if you remember or not anymore I just want you to be alive and awake" Crawford said as he felt tears start to go down his face.
Jasmine didn't move.
"We should go check on Andrea now" Brent said.
Crawford really didn't want to leave but didn't want to argue with Brent so he followed to Andreas room.
"Hey" Crawford said and waved to Andrea.
She smiled and waved back.
When she saw Brent she nearly started crying. Brent went over to her bed and hugged her. "I'm so sorry it's all my fault" Andrea said crying.
Brent kissed her forehead.
"No it wasn't it was Anas fault you didn't do anything" Brent said calming her down.
The rest of the guys decided to walk out and give Brent and Andrea some privacy.
"How's Jasmine?" Chris asked.
Right as Crawford was about to answer, he saw doctors rush to Jasmine's room.
Crawford started to worry.
The nurse held him back when he tried to walk into Jasmine's room.
"Can I please see her?!" Crawford asked.
"I'm sorry but you can't" the nurse said. "What's happening" Cameron asked.
"Miss Rivera just woke up we're running a few tests" the nurse said.
Crawford went to sit down in a chair.
He could hear Chris and Cameron trying to talk to him but all he could think about was she's awake.