Chapter 2-the boys on the beach

Niki pov

As I was walking over, still a good 200 meters away, I could feel myself growing. For five seconds I had matured by 3 years so now I looked like a 13 yr old! "Great" I cursed to myself.

Approaching the group of boys, I couldn't help but feel nervous. These would be the first people I would actually talk to apart from Nessie! I took a deep un-needed breath to steady my nerves. Coming closer to the boys, they stopped their play fighting, and began looking at me.

"Hey little girl!" One of them shouted. He looked annoyed to see me, "little girls like you shouldn't be here!" He pushed his black hair out of his face, and started walking towards me. I stopped in my tracks until he came inches from my face. He scared me! He stank too! Of wet dog!

"I'm lost" was all I whispered to him. I wasn't surprised at the sound of my voise, it sounded like bells in the wind playing in perfect harmony. "I was hoping you could help me find some place to crash for the night but since you don't want me hear...." I started to walk away, he grabbed me tightly by the arm and turned me to face him. He had understanding and sympathy in his eyes. "I'm sorry for bring so rude" he apologised, "come on, you like you need some food and a shower. I'm Sam by the way." He began as I followed him to the group of boys. "Thanks. I'm Niki" I quietly whispered, but some how he heard me fine.

"Any time girl. I'll take you to my house and I'm sure Emily will love you." He beamed as he mentioned Emily. I wonder if she's a nice girl?

As we came closer to the fire and boys I became really nervous. I didn't look at any of them directly in the eye. I couldn't do it! So I walked closer to Sam. "Just going to drop Niki here of at my house. I'm sure Emily will take care if her." Sam explains to the boys. There responses were grunts. What a happy bunch (note the sarcasm).

Before I knew it we'd walked over the small hill and down the other side to a wooden house. It looked really homely. Outside was a pretty lady with the same, slightly lighter, natural skin tone and jaw length black hair. She stood up and cane over to greet us. The left side of her face was covered in scars of claws. She must have been a pretty girl before that! I didn't look at it for too long,I didn't want to stare. "Hey baby" she cooed at Sam, "I missed ya" she said before they kissed. Yuk! I looked away until they were done. "Who this beautiful girl?" She said kindly, looking at me.

"I'm Niki" was all I whispered.

"Hi Niki, I'm Emily" she beamed. Emily was a nice lady, in her late teens early twenties I would guess.

"Emily could you get Niki some food and a nice shower please, she was on the beach lost" he nicely explains to her, putting his hands around her hips

"Sure baby. Come on, we'll. get ya something to eat first eh?"she said, reaching out to grab my hand. I took it. She shivered slightly under my slightly colder hands. They weren't stone temperature yet, but it would give her the impression I was cold. I thanked Sam and followed Emily indoors. She lead me upstairs to a small bathroom. "You can shower in hear. I'll just go find you some clothes, they might be a bit big buts its better than nothing." She said as she walked down the corridor. I turned and looked in the mirror and gasped. I was seeing myself for the first time!

I had thick dark ginger hair that went down to my shoulders. It hung loosely around my face and was naturally straight. My eyes were a dark amber colour as they probably used to be crimson red. I had my mothers nose with my dads rose tinted lips. I had freckles all over my face. I looked nothing like my twin! Emily soon returned and gave me a pile of clothes. "Thanks" I whispered as I shut the door. Then I began washing my hair and body in the soothing warm water from the shower. I was thinking about the questions I needed answers to, but didn't have anyone to answer them. Who would I ask? These questions evolved around my secret life as a vampire, and why I turned into a gigantic wolf! Who could I ask? Where did I have to go to get the answers?

After my shower I went downstairs into the homely kitchen. The boys from the beach all sat at a table and were stuffing their faces with food and laughing. They all stopped and looked at me as I entered the room. I felt my whole face turn red as a tomato. I was embarrassed by the attention. Something I got of my mum I'm guessing.

"Thanks for lending me the clothes Emily" I whispered. Still conscious of all the eye on me. I fiddled with the hem of the white Mickey mouse t-shirt and dark green jodhpurs she gave me.

"No problem. You can keep them anyway, they were too small for me."She said, coming over and giving me a hug. I was conscious of my coldish skin against hers. She didn't see to notice.

"This might sound like a stupid question but where a outs am i?" I asked her

"La push baby" a thin faced boy hooted.

"Thanks" I said in a normal voice. I turned to face Emily "thank you for letting me crash here for a bit. I guess I better be going." I said, pulling out of her hug

"Any time just come and visit Niki" she said

"Of corse" I shouted over my shoulder as I began running towards the beach. I wanted to feel the wind weaving through my hair again and to feel sand between my toes. I would hide there for the night, gazing at the stars, an all o tomorrow before I would go check on Renesmee. I needed to see how she was doing.