Chapter 5

Two days later. Niki'a pov

We were running through La Push at top speeds. A few miles back I had turned myself invisible so nobody knew I was with Zafrina and Senna. I was erased fron their minds. I suddenly remembered something I should warn them about "they've got werewolves covering this area!" I shouted. They looked slightly confused at how close I was to them but they nodded in agreement. And just like that, about 7 wolves jumped out from the trees. We jumped high into the trees and kept running. Jumping from branch to branch like monkeys. The massive wolves were howling and jumping high from he ground, trying to grab us. It was scary! If we slipped they would tear us apart. This was surely playing with the devil. The trees were beginning to thin! We would have to jump back on the ground in a minuet if I didn't act! I was invisible so the wolves couldn't see me. I jumped onto the biggest wolfs back, a rusty brown colour, he looked like the leader. I knew this was either Jacob or Sam. I pushed him over and into a tree before picking up another wolf and throwing it back the way we came from. It crashed into two other big wolves. The ones I'd seen come help Jacob when mum was beating him up. Obviously she let him live. Bummer! All the wolves stopped chasing Zafrina and Senna an looked around confused. I picked up a fallen tree and tree it at some of the wolves. It knocked three over at once. All the wolves stood up now on their hackles. I knew they couldn't hurt me.

I went over to the biggest wolf again and grabbed it by he scruff and lifted it of the ground. It whined like a puppy and the others began growling. I put my ear beside its stinking ear "Jacob or Sam? Would be nice to find out who was chasing my friends." The wolf just whined again. The other two largest wolves went into the bushes. Seconds later two similar looking people walked out. A girl and a boy. Obviously brother and sister.

"PUT HIM DOWN!" the girl shouted in her rough voice. She had short cropped black hair and a bony figure. "Why should I? People like you have steady tries to kill me!" I stated

"HE DID NOTHIG TO YOU SO PUT HIM DOWN!" the boy shouted. He also had short black hair but had a baby looking face.

"I this Jacob or Sam?" I asked. "GUESS" the girl shouted. "Hmm. My guess is that this is Jacob. Correct?"

"Correct." The girl whispered. "Would be nice if we could see you" the girl said

"We'll that's your loss" I said turning my attention to Jacob, "we'll Jacob. Looks like my mum didn't do her job properly!" I said. My voice as cold as ice.

"You're mum? And what job?" The boy asked surprised

"Last time I visited my mum was beating him up over something he did to my sister" I growled at him. He growled back and snapped at my face with his sharp teeth. He didn't touch me. "But I don't think she did a good enough job" I stated before throwing Jacob into a massive tree. The tree cracked and moaned as it began to fall on his impact. He jumped on his feet and fled from the falling tree.

I could hear a vampire coming from the direction of the Cullens house! The next thing I knew my dad was beside Jacob! It shocked me to see them co-operating. "Since when did vampires and shape-shifters interact?" I questioned. My dad looked surprised at my voice. "Leave us alone. We don't want any trouble. They wolves were just doing their job. You're on their land" my dad said. "Fine" I sighed "I'll be back for the fight mind" was all I said as I walked away. I pushed at bushes as I left so they knew I was leaving.

I did a quick circle before I went to he Cullens house. Their were loads of vampires there. Mostly red eyes. I went into the house. I saw Nessie in mums arms asleep. She looked so peaceful and about four years old. I wanted to go over and hug her but I knew I couldn't. Zafrina and Senna were talking to Carlisle in the corner. I walked up behind them and gently place a hand on their shoulders so they knew I was here. There eyes widened at first by my touch until they realised it was me. Before I could really listen to their conversation Jacob came into the room. Everyone looked at him but he just sat beside mum. Mum passed Ness over to him. I felt a growl rising in my chest.

"What we going to do Jacob?" Carlisle asked him.

"About the vampire? To be honest I don't know. For all we know she could be in the room. Her power is invisibility! We couldn't see her or smell her! Edward couldn't read her mind. All we know is that she's strong, young and a girl! That's all."

"How strong is she?" Zafrina asked

"Strong enough to lift me up with ease. Bella can only just do that and she's a newborn." He sounded concerned. I heard gasps echo around the room

"The slayers here!" A lady with bright curly ginger hair whispered, fear ridden in her Irish voice. "This isn't good. She turns up and we've defiantly got a blood bath!" She looked, like if she was a human, she would faint. Zafrina and Senna slowly left the room. I followed hot on their heels.

Deep in the woods I let them see me. They looked at me, concern on their faces.

"Am I the slayer they were on about?" I asked them. The nodded their heads.

"You're job is to kill vampires that are causing havoc in the vampire world and protect the innocent ones. You've got more power than the whole of the Volturi! You should be feared!" Zafrina explains to me.

"What should I do?" I asked. I was confused. I'd just been told I was the most powerful vampire alive and my destiny was to be a killer!

"Keep to the shadows. Don't even talk to us. Someone will see you at some point if we keep talking. Stay away from the wolves. Just keep to yourself. We've got 3 days until the fight. You're mums working in her power as a shield so she can protect us. If you do show up at the fight, don't let the volturi get their hands on you!" Senna warned

"Okay." I said. I hugged them tightly "I'll miss you guys" I said

"And we'll miss you child" Zafrina said. Then they were running back to the house before anyone noticed they were gone.

I was going to ignore one part of Senna's advise. I wanted the Volturi to get a hold of me. That way, they're easier to destroy if I'm already inside their group at the fight.

I headed in the direction I knew the Volturi would be. I needed to talk to them.